Search for location "Faran"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1869. 25 Dec
||A mob attacks the Bahá'ís in Fárán, Khurásán, Iran, and two are severely beaten. [BW18:383]
||Faran; Khurasan; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Mobs; Persecution
|1894 In the year
||Green Acre was founded by Sarah J. Farmer in the aftermath of the World Parliament of Religions. [BBRSM:104; BFA2:142–7; BW5:29; GPB261; SBBH1:125]
Two Bahá'ís were arrested and bastinadoed in Níshápúr. One died seven days later, the other two years later. [BW18:384]
Hájí Yárí, a Bahá'í of Jewish background, was arrested and imprisoned in Hamadán. [BW18:384]
A Bahá'í in Dastjirdán, Khurásán, Áqá `Abdu'l-Vahháb Mukhtárí, was beaten and expelled from the village. [BW18:384]
Bahá'ís in Fárán, Khurásán, were beaten and Bahá'í homes were looted. [BW18:384]
|Eliot; Maine; United States; Nishapur; Hamadan; Dastjirdan; Khurasan; Faran; Khurasan
||Sarah Farmer; Green Acre; Haji Yari; Aqa Abdul-Vahhab Mukhtari; World Parliament of Religions; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution
||Green Acre Bahá'í School (Wikipedia)|
|1944 after Aug
||Following the murder of Bahá’ís at Sháhrúd, Iran, and the widespread publicity on the outcome of the trial, there is an upsurge in persecution of Bahá’ís throughout Iran. [BW18:389]
- At Ábádih Bahá’ís are beaten and their houses sacked. [BW18:389]
- The Bahá’í centre at Bandar Jaz is attacked. [BW18:389]
- Two Bahá’ís are knifed at Bandar Sháh. The attackers are set free and attack a further three Bahá’ís, leaving one an invalid. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís, including women and children, are attacked and beaten at Bushrúyih, their homes and shops looted and burned and the Bahá’í cemetery desecrated. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’í houses are attacked and looted at Fárán, Káshán and Ná’in. [BW13:390]
- Bahá’í houses are set on fire in Gulpáygán and Zábul. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are driven from town in Bujnúrd, Gunábád and Tabas. [BW18:390]
- The Bahá’í cemetery at Mahmúdábád is desecrated.
- Bahá’ís are beaten at Miyán-du-áb, Rafsanján, Sangsar and Sírján. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are stoned at Qasr-i-Shírín. [BW18:390]
|Iran; Abadih; Bandar Jaz; Bandar Shah; Bushruyih; Faran; Kashan; Nain; Gulpaygan; Zabul; Bujnurd; Gunabad; Tabas; Mahmudabad; Miyan-du-ab; Rafsanjan; Sangsar; Sirjan; Qasr-i-Shirin
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Destruction; Persecution, Other; Persecution
||Bahá’ís in Fárán, Iran, are attacked and several houses burned. [BW18:390]
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Destruction; Persecution
||Bahá’ís and their houses are attacked in Bushrúyih and Fárán, Iran. [BW18:390]
||Bushruyih; Faran; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.