Search for location "Greece"
||Amín and Sheila Banání, a Persian-American couple, settle in Athens-Kifissia in August 1953 and are named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh for Greece. [BW452]
||Amin Banani; Sheila Banani; Knights of Bahaullah; In Memoriam
|1953 18 Sep
||Dwight and Carole Allen arrive in Athens and are named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh for Greece. [BW13:452]
||Knights of Bahaullah
|1959 2 Jun
||The first Greek woman to become a Bahá’í, Ketty Antoniou, enrols in Greece.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Greece is formed with its seat in Athens. [BW16:287; BW17:190]
|1980 29 Jul
||Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away at his pioneer post in Athens, Greece. (b.16 June 1897) [BW18:613; VV52]
- For his obituary see BW18:611–13.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
||Adelbert Muhlschlegel; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam
|1984 28 – 30 Dec
||The first National Bahá’í Youth Conference to be held in Greece takes place in Athens. [BW19:319]
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Youth; First conferences
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Further Comments on a Passage of the Lawh-i-Hikmat, by Amin E. Egea, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 10 (2009). A study of Pre-Islamic sources on the relation of Greek Philosophers and Jewish sages. [about]
- Homeward Bound, by Ron Price, in dialogue magazine, 1:1 (1986). Reflections on the meaning of home and community, classical Greek culture, and the "new home" embodied in Mt. Carmel. [about]
- References to the Bahá'í Faith in the U.S. State Department's Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, by United States Department of State (1991). Excerpts from the State Department's annual compilation of Country Reports on Human Rights Practices on discrimination against the Baha'i Faith and persecution of its adherents in twenty countries. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.