Search for location "Greenland"
|1946 (In the year)
||Between 1946 and 1951, Johanne Sorensen (later Hoeg), the first Danish Bahá’í, sent letters and Bahá’í literature to 93 towns, villages, settlements, and radio stations throughout Greenland.
Hendrik Olsen, the first Bahá’í indigenous to Greenland, enrolled in 1965 after receiving a Bahá’í book from Miss Sorensen in 1946 and maintaining a 17-year correspondence with her.
||Johanne Sorensen; Hendrik Olsen
|1951 (In the year)
||Palle Benemann Bischoff, the first to become a Bahá’í in Denmark, settled in Aasiaat, and became the first Bahá’í to live in Greenland. [MC22]
He was best known for being the first person to teach the Greenlanders to ski and for having organized the first ski competition in West Greenland.
||Palle Benemann Bischoff
|1965 15 Jul
||Hendrik Olsen, the first indigenous Greenlander to become a Bahá’í, enrolled.
||Hendrik Olsen; First Bahais by country or area
|1979 17 Apr
||The first local spiritual assembly in Greenland was formed in Nuuk.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Greenland was formed with was seat in Nuuk. About 35 to 40 people attended the inaugural Convention. [BINS270:3; BW92–3:119; VV121, CBN Jan92 p2]
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Maps of the regions of North America, by Ralph Stockman Tarr and Frank Morton McMurry, in Complete World Geography (1912). Maps of the five regions of North America as published in an American geography book in 1912 and known to have been read by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in Haifa/'Akka while writing Tablets of the Divine Plan.
- Ridván 1996 (Four Year Plan) - To the Followers of Bahá'u'lláh in North America: Alaska, Canada, Greenland and the United States: Bahá'í Era 153, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Country-specific portion of the annual message to the Bahá'ís of the world: North America. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.