Search for location "Hurmuzak"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1955 28 Jul
||Seven Bahá’ís are stabbed and beaten to death by a mob in Hurmuzak, Iran. [BW18:391, Towards a History of Iran’s Baha’i Community During the Reign of Mohammad Reza Shah, 1941-1979 by Mina Yazdani.]
- Several other Bahá’ís, including women, are beaten and injured; Bahá’í houses and property are damaged. [BW18:391]
- See also M. Labíb, The Seven Martyrs of Hurmuzak.
- See entry for 26 September, 2016.
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution, Mobs; Persecution; Seven martyrs of Hurmuzak; Seven martyrs
|2016 26 Sep
||The murder of Farhang Amiri in Yazd. BWNS1133
- See also Iran Wire4167.
- In a message from the Universal House of Justice to the Bahá'ís in Iran dated the 19th of October, 2016, it states
And at the age of sixty-three, that pure soul, that radiant and magnanimous soul, offered up his life in absolute meekness, hoisted the
ensign of martyrdom and attained his Beloved's presence in the realms above, and in the Abha Kingdom joined the company of the other martyrs of this Faith--among whom number his own noble father and six other relatives who, sixty-one
years ago in Hurmuzak, near Yazd, sacrificed their lives in the path of the Blessed Beauty.
- A group of extremists murdered Amiri’s father, Hedayatollah Daftari, and six others in the village of Hormozak in Yazd province more than 60 years ago. At the time, Farhang was 13 months old. See entry for July 28th, 1955 for The Seven Martyrs of Hurmuzak.
- See a paper by Kamyar Behrang entitled "Extrajudicial killings supported by law and Islamic jurisprudence" for an explanation of how a Bahá'í might be murdered with near impunity in Iran.
|Hurmuzak; Yazd; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution; Farhang Amiri; BWNS
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.