Search for location "Keelung"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1954. 22 Oct
||Mr and Mrs Suleimani arrived in Keelung, Taiwan by ship. They spent the rest of their lives there. The Suleimanis, originally from Iran, had lived for about 28 years in Shanghai where Mrs Ridvaniyyih Suleimani's father, Mr Husayn Ouskouli Uskuli (or Uskui) had long resided and conducted a business. Mr and Mrs Suleimani had left Shanghai permanently in 1950 because of the difficult situations for foreigners in China but Mr Ouskouli decided to stay on and won the admiration of the Guardian. He died in Shanghai at the age of 86. [The Taiwan Bahá'í Chronicle by Barbara R. Sims p3]
||Keelung; Taiwan; Shanghai; China
||Knights of Bahaullah; Suleimani, Mr. and Mrs.; Husayn Ouskouli Uskuli
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.