Search for location "Mogadishu"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||The arrival of Knights of Bahá'u'lláh Dr. Mihdi Samandari and Mrs. Ursula Samandari (Newman) in Mogadishu, Somalia [BWNS230]
||Knights of Bahaullah; BWNS
|1953 19 Mar
||Suhayl Samandarí arrives in Mogadishu and is named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for Italian Somaliland. [BW13:452]
- Within a short time, Sa‘íd ‘Alí Masqatí, a Somali from the port of Baraawe, becomes a Bahá’í, the first person to accept the Faith in Somalia.
|Mogadishu; Italian Somaliland
||Knights of Bahaullah
||The first local spiritual assembly in Italian Somalia is formed in Mogadishu.
||Mogadishu; Italian Somalia
|2003 20 Jun
||The passing of Ursula Samandari at her pioneering post in Buea, Cameroon.
- Ursula Newman, her maiden name, was born in Mitcham, Surrey, England on December 29, 1909. In 1953 she and Dr. Mihdi Samandari moved to Nairobi, Kenya, and a year later went to live in Mogadishu, Somalia where they stayed until 1971. At the request of the Universal House of Justice, they had pioneered to Cameroon. [BWNS230, BW'03-‘04pg237]
|Buea; Cameroon; Nairobi; Kenya; Mogadishu; Somalia
||Ursula Samandari; pioneer; Mihdi Samandari; In Memoriam; BWNS
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.