Search for location "Nassau"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||Gail and Gerald Curwin and Maurice and Ethel Holmes arrived in Nassau and were named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh for the Bahama Islands. [BW13:449]
||Knights of Bahaullah; Islands; Gail Curwin; Ethel Holmes; Gerald Curwin; Maurice Holmes
||The first person to become a Bahá’í in Nassau, Bahamas, Winfield Small, a young police officer from Barbados, enrols.
- Mr Small opened Barbados to the Faith.
|Nassau; Bahamas; Barbados
||First Bahais by country or area
||The first local spiritual assembly in the Bahamas is formed in Nassau.
|1958 20 Apr
||Mírzá Ahmad (Esphahani) Sohrab, the Covenant-breaker who rebelled against Shoghi Effendi, died. [MC90]
- For the story of his defection from the Faith see CB343–7.
- He was buried in the Saint Paul Episcopal Church Cemetery, Glen Cove, Nassau County, New York.iiiii
|Glen Cove; Nassau County; New York; United States
||Ahmad Sohrab; Covenant-breakers; New History Society
|1975 2 May
||The first teaching institute of the Bahamas takes place in Nassau. [BW16:207]
||Teaching institutes; Firsts, Other; Islands
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahamas was formed with its seat in Nassau. [BW17:162, 348]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.