Search for location "Nishapur"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1867 Sep - Aug 1868
||Persecutions begin anew in Ádharbáyján, Zanján, Níshápúr and Tihrán. [GPB178]
||Adharbayjan; Zanjan; Nishapur; Tihran; Iran
||Persecution, Adharbayjan; Persecution, Iran; Persecution
|1894 In the year
||Green Acre is founded by Sarah J. Farmer in the aftermath of the World Parliament of Religions. [BBRSM:104; BFA2:142–7; BW5:29; GPB261; SBBH1:125]
Two Bahá'ís are arrested and bastinadoed in Níshápúr. One dies seven days later, the other two years later. [BW18:384]
Hájí Yárí, a Bahá'í of Jewish background, is arrested and imprisoned in Hamadán. [BW18:384]
A Bahá'í in Dastjirdán, Khurásán, Áqá `Abdu'l-Vahháb Mukhtárí, is beaten and expelled from the village. [BW18:384]
Bahá'ís in Fárán, Khurásán, are beaten and Bahá'í homes are looted. [BW18:384]
|Green Acre; Eliot; Maine; United States; Nishapur; Hamadan; Dastjirdan; Khurasan; Faran; Khurasan
||Sarah Farmer; Green Acre; Haji Yari; Aqa Abdul-Vahhab Mukhtari; World Parliament of Religions; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution
||Green Acre Bahá'í School (Wikipedia)|
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.