Search for location "Ottawa"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1980 2 May
||The first Bahá’í International Conference on Health and Healing is held in Ottawa, Canada, under the sponsorship of the Association for Bahá’í Studies. [BW 18:201]
||Bahai Studies, Associations for; Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Health; Conferences, International; First conferences
|1981 - 2002
||A Persian-language Bahá’í quarterly journal entitled `Andalíb was published from 1981 to 2012 under the auspices of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Canada. From issue no. 69, responsibility for the publication was moved to the Association of Bahá’í Studies in Persian (an agency of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Canada).
- Journals from Year 1 (138-9 BE, 1981-2), Issue 1: Winter to Year 23 (162 BE, 2005-6), Issue 90: Spring are available on-line.
|Thornhill; Ottawa; Canada
||Publications; Andalib; Association of Baha'i Studies in Persian; Z****
|2009 24 Feb
||The Canadian Parliamentary Sub-Committee on Human Rights has adopted a strongly worded motion demanding the immediate release of the seven Baha’i leaders held now for more than nine months without formal charges and no access to lawyers. Appearing before the committee on Thursday were the Bahá'í Community of Canada’s Director of External Affairs, Susanne Tamas, and McGill Law Professor, Payam Akhavan. [Iran Press Watch 1597]
||Susanne Tamas; Payam Akhavan; persecution, Iran; Yaran
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.