Search for location "Papua New Guinea"
||The arrival of Knight of Bahá'u'lláh Violet Noehnke on the Admiralty Islands, now Manus Province in Papua New Guinea. [BWNS307, BWNS312]
||Admiralty Islands; Manus Province; Papua New Guinea
||Knights of Bahaullah; BWNS
|1954 5 Jul
||Violet Hoehnke, an Australian, arrives in Papua New Guinea and is named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for the Admiralty Islands. [BW13:449]
||Papua New Guinea; Admiralty Islands
||Knights of Bahaullah
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Papua New Guinea was formed with its seat in Lae. [BW15:265]
- For picture see BW15:142.
|Lae; Papua New Guinea
||The first youth conference of Papua New Guinea took place in Sogeri with 40 youth and visitors. [BW16:276]
||Sogeri; Papua New Guinea
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Youth; First conferences
||Elti Kunak of Papua New Guinea was awarded the British Empire Medal for her work with women’s clubs in the Bismarck Archipelago. [BW16:278]
||Papua New Guinea
|1993 12 Jun
||The Honourable Sir Julius Chan, KBE, Deputy Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea consults with the Universal House of Justice on the future role of his country as an emerging nation and on the destiny of the Pacific region. [BINS297:9; BW93–4:78]
- For pictures see BINS297:9 and BW93–4:78
|Papua New Guinea; Haifa; Pacific region
||Julius Chan, Sir; Universal House of Justice; Prominent visitors
|2009 17 – 18 Jan
||Regional Conferences held in Lae, Papua New Guinea, Vancouver, Canada and Managua, Nicaragua. [BWNS689]
||Lae; Papua New Guinea; Vancouver; Canada; Managua; Nicaragua
||Regional Conferences; BWNS
||The Preparation for Social Action programme was implemented under the Five Year Plan.
The programme drew on the learning of three decades of experience of FUNDAEC (Fundación para la Aplicación y Enseñanza de las Ciencias), in Columbia. It was an approach to social and economic development that addressed both the material and the spiritual dimensions of human existence. The programme aimed at assisting youth to understand certain concepts, learn a range of relevant facts, and acquire certain qualities, attitudes and skills that would enable them to promote the well-being of their people in fields as diverse as health, education, the environment, secondary production and community organization.
- At the beginning of the Plan, the programme was being implemented in nine countries, Cameroon, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Kenya, Papua New Guinea, Uganda and Zambia and involved some 1,500 to 3,000 participants. [5YPSumPage94-95]
- For further information see video entitled 2017 Teach For All Global Conference - Grassroots Stirrings in the Preparation for Social Action Program, Colombia
- See theses KNOWLEDGE SHARING FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS AT THE COMMUNITY LEVEL THROUGH NETWORKS OF KNOWLEDGE FLOW AND COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE By Emily Lample.
|BWC; Cameroon,Colombia; Costa Rica; India; Kenya; Papua New Guinea; Uganda; Zambia
||Five Year Plan (2011-2016); Teaching Plans; Preparation for Social Action; Z****
|2012 21 Apr
||Plans were announced for the building of the first two national Mashriqu’l-Adhkárs that were to be raised up in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Papua New Guinea. [Riḍván 2012 To the Bahá’ís of the World]
||BWC; Congo, Democratic Republic of (DRC); Papua New Guinea
||Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, National; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|2018 21 Mar
||The design for the national Baha’i House of Worship of Papua New Guinea (PNG) was unveiled.
Originally from New Zealand, Rodney Hancock—one of two individuals who brought the Baha’i Faith to PNG in the 1950s—was asked to unveil the temple design before the audience of over 300 visitors.
The architectural team—composed of indigenous architect from PNG Henry Lape and Saeed Granfar—also addressed the audience. They explained that the “search for a universal theme” for the temple was “a profound challenge in a country with more than 700 distinct cultural groups.
The central edifice of the House of Worship will have a seating capacity of 350. [BWNS1246, EMTV.com 3 April, 2018]
||Port Moresby; Papua New Guinea
||Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, National; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Design; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Port Moresby; Architecture; Architects; Rodney Hancock; Henry Lape; Saeed Granfar; BWNS
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Namibia, Pacific Islands, Queen Marie, and Emeric Sala (2005). [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.