Search for location "Sudan"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Egypt and the Sudan is formed, the first national body in Africa. [BBRSM121; GPB333]
Martha Root gives the first African radio broadcast about the Bahá'í Faith, in Cape Town.
|Egypt; Sudan; Cape Town; South Africa
||NSA; Martha Root
||The first National Spiritual Assembly of Sudan is elected.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Egypt and the Sudan incorporate. [GPB336]
- This is the first national assembly in an Islamic country to secure civil recognition and the status of an independent religion. [BW6:24]
|1940 28 Jul
||Shoghi Effendi, Rúhíyyih Khánum and Sutherland Maxwell leave England for South Africa. [PP180]
- This is the only route open back to Palestine, as Italy’s entrance into the war has closed the Mediterranean to Allied ships. [PP180]
- The trip across Africa takes them to Stanleyville, Congo; Juba in the Sudan; down the Nile to Khartoum and back to Palestine through Cairo. [PP180–1, TG159]
|United Kingdom; Africa; South Africa; Congo; Sudan; Egypt
||Shoghi Effendi, Life of; Shoghi Effendi, Travels of; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum, Journeys of; Sutherland Maxwell; World War II; Shoghi Effendi, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Egypt and Sudan launch a Five Year Plan (1948-1953). [Ruhi 8.2 p46, BBRSM158]
||Teaching Plans; Teaching Plans, National
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Sudan is formed. [BW15:187]
- For picture see BW15:150.
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.