Search for location "Texas"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1953 26 Aug
||Ella Bailey (b. 16 December, 1864, Houston, Harris County, Texas) in Tripoli, Tarabulus, Libya at the age of 88 years. [BW12:687]
- She was elevated to the rank of martyr. [MBW170]
- For the story of her life see PSBW131–42.
- For her obituary see BW12:685–8.
- For information on her burial site and a short biography see Find-a-grave.
- See Youtube video I Adjure Them - The Ella Bailey Story as told by Hand of the Cause of God William Sears.
|Tripoli; Libya; Houston; Texas
||Ella Bailey; Names and titles; In Memoriam; Z****
|1976 5 Oct
||The passing of Adelaide Sharp (b. Texas, 1896) in Tehran. In 1929 she accompanied Dr Susan Moody (77) to Tehran and and took up the position of principal of the Tarbiyat School for Girls (opened 1910). In 1931 she invited her mother, Clara Sharp, to come and live with her. After the closing of the Tarbiyat Schools on the 6th of December, 1934, the Guardian asked her to remain in Persia. She organized study classes for both boys and girls to study English writings such as Bahá'í Administration, The Promised Day is Come, The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh and other works from the Guardian. In 1954 the Guardian ruled that women could serve on Baha'i administrative bodied in Persia. She was elected to the National Spiritual Assembly and served in this role for the next fourteen years. She attended the First and Second International Conventions in 1963 and in 1968. Her five decade legacy of service in Iran included children's education, translating Writings, consolidating administrative institutions, serving as the"external affairs" representative for the National Assembly. Upon her passing memorial services where held in Tehran as well as other centres throughout the country. [BW17p418-420, Baha’i Heroes & Heroines]
||Texas; United States; Tihran; Iran
||Adelaide Sharp; Clara Sharp; Tarbiyat School; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; Firsts, Other
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.