Search for location "Vanuatu"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1953 17 Oct
||The arrival of Knight of Bahá'u'lláh Bertha Dobbins in Vanuatu. [BWNS256]
||Knights of Bahaullah; Islands; BWNS
||Bertha Dobbins arrived in Port Vila on the island of Efate from Adelaide, Australia, and was named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for the New Hebrides Islands (Vanuatu). [BW13:454]
||Port Vila; Efate; New Hebrides Islands (Vanuatu)
||Bertha Dobbins; Knights of Bahaullah; Islands
|1997. 24 Mar - 16 May
||The nine member First Nations Travel Teaching Trip to the South Pacific, called "The Journey of Teech-ma" consisted of Canadian Bahá'ís from Kwakiutl, Nuu-Cha-Nuth, the Ojibway First Nations, a Yupik Bahá'í from Alaska and three non-Native Canadian friends. They shared their culture and their Faith with the Maori, other New Zealanders, the Aborigines and other Australians as well as the ne-Vanuatu peoples. See entry for 1994 Summer. [SDSC370]
||New Zealand; Australia; Vanuatu; Canada
||First Nations; Travel Teaching; Pacific; Maoris; Aboriginal people; Indigenous people
|2012 21 Apr
||Plans were announced that the Universal House of Justice was entering into consultations with respective National Spiritual Assemblies regarding the erection of the first local Houses of Worship in each of the following clusters: Battambang, Cambodia; Bihar Sharif, India; Matunda Soy, Kenya; Norte del Cauca, Colombia; and Tanna, Vanuatu.
[Riḍván 2012 To the Bahá’ís of the World]
||Haifa; Israel; Battambang; Cambodia; Bihar Sharif; India; Matunda Soy; Kenya; Norte del Cauca; Colombia; Tanna; Vanuatu
||Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, Local; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|2016 (End of the Five Year Plan)
||The Preparation for Social Action programme that was implemented at the beginning of the Five Year Plan was expanded to seven additional countries: Cambodia, Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Panama, the Philippines and Vanuatu.
- Over 10,000 had participated in the programme with about 1,800 among these who had studied all of the texts available.
- In addition some 1,700 individuals serving institutions and agencies of the Fatih in 25 countries had studied a selection the the materials in a seminar setting. [5YPSumPage94-95]
- Preparation for Social Action was implemented as a course of study at the New Era High School and Senior Secondary in Panchgani.
|Cambodia; Central African Republic; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Ecuador; Panama; Philippines; Vanuatu
||Five Year Plan (2011-2016); Teaching Plans; Preparation for Social Action; Z****
|2017 18 Jun
||The plan for the design of the Local Mashriqu’l-Adhkar in Tanna, Vanuatu was announced. Ashkan Mostaghim of Mostaghim & Associates, a firm from Sydney, Australia, has been chosen as the Temple’s architect. His design was on the shortlist for the Continental Mashriqu’l-Adhkar in Santiago. [BWNS1175]
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Vanuatu; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Local; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Design; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Architecture; Architects; Ashkan Mostaghim; BWNS
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.