Search for location "Zambia"
||Mr and Mrs Sandikonda, Eliam Chisengalumbwe, Mr Musonda, Peter Chitindi and Elias Kanayenda became Bahá’ís, the first African Bahá’ís to enrol in Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia). BANANI BULLETIN, 1 AUG 1954]
||First Bahais by country or area
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Zambia is formed with its seat in Lusaka. [BW14:97]
||More than 250 people become Bahá’ís in Zambia in the first three months of the year. [BINS201:6]
|2008 1 - 2 Nov
||The first of 41 Regional Conferences held over a four month period to mark the mid-point of the Five Year Plan held in Lusaka, Zambia. [Lusaka, BWNS642]
||Regional Conferences; BWNS
||The Preparation for Social Action programme was implemented under the Five Year Plan.
The programme drew on the learning of three decades of experience of FUNDAEC (Fundación para la Aplicación y Enseñanza de las Ciencias), in Columbia. It was an approach to social and economic development that addressed both the material and the spiritual dimensions of human existence. The programme aimed at assisting youth to understand certain concepts, learn a range of relevant facts, and acquire certain qualities, attitudes and skills that would enable them to promote the well-being of their people in fields as diverse as health, education, the environment, secondary production and community organization.
- At the beginning of the Plan, the programme was being implemented in nine countries, Cameroon, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Kenya, Papua New Guinea, Uganda and Zambia and involved some 1,500 to 3,000 participants. [5YPSumPage94-95]
- For further information see video entitled 2017 Teach For All Global Conference - Grassroots Stirrings in the Preparation for Social Action Program, Colombia
- See theses KNOWLEDGE SHARING FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS AT THE COMMUNITY LEVEL THROUGH NETWORKS OF KNOWLEDGE FLOW AND COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE By Emily Lample.
|BWC; Cameroon,Colombia; Costa Rica; India; Kenya; Papua New Guinea; Uganda; Zambia
||Five Year Plan (2011-2016); Teaching Plans; Preparation for Social Action; Z****
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Communities by Country: Research Notes, by Graham Hassall (2000). Brief notes on the history of Baha'i activities and the dates of NSA formation in Africa, China, Australia, and elsewhere. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.