The Babi and Bahá'í Religions:
An Annotated Bibliography
- In his introduction MacEoin describes the scope, structure, and aim of this project.
- While this bibliography is quite comprehensive, it is still partial, and has not been updated since 1997. Its
most significant omission is journal articles, the more useful of which can be found in Resource Guide for the Scholarly Study of the Bahá'í Faith.
- I stripped all diacritics save apostrophes, which represent both hamza and ayn. This was necessary in 1997, when this bibliography was first posted, as extended character sets were not then available for the internet.
- I alphabetized automatically instead of manually, which caused certain errors:
- My word processor alphabetizes apostrophes first. 'Ali's History would precede Abedi's History.
- Quotation marks are ignored. Mirza would precede "Muhammad.
- Brackets are last. Zwemer precedes [al-Balaghi.
- While I transposed definite articles, e.g. Bab, The, I did not have time to do the same with indefinites, so e.g. A Ziyadi would precede Babi. -J.W.