See also our RSS feed for new items.
- Posted 2018-03-21, in Personal compilations: Seven Cities of Bahá'u'lláh, The (2002). This is a compilation of only those passages from Bahá'u'lláh’s Gems of Divine Mysteries that relate to the journey through "Seven Cities," which has similarities to Bahá'u'lláh’s Seven Valleys.
- Posted 2018-03-21, in Personal compilations: Selected Passages from Century of Light (2002). Compilation of selected highlights that summarize the main themes of the book. This is a personal interpretation of Century of Light. Chapter headings have been added for ease of reference, and are not part of the authorized edition.
- Posted 2018-03-21, in Pilgrims' notes: Ruth Moffett. Dynamics of Prayer (1973). Pilgrims note from the words of Shoghi Effendi about "five steps" for prayer and action (from 1954), followed by explanatory notes from the Universal House of Justice (from 1978). [about]
- Posted 2018-03-21, in Encyclopedia articles: Christopher Buck. Deganawida, the Peacemaker, in American Writers: A Collection of Literary Biographies 26 (2015). Biography of the Iroquois / Haudenosaunee prophet-like figure who lived around 600 or 900 years ago. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-20, in Pilgrims' notes: Marie Watson. My Pilgrimage to the Land of Desire (1932). Account of a pilgrimage to Haifa to visit Abdu'l-Baha in July–August 1921. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-20, in Published Articles: Christopher Buck and Youli Ioannesyan. Scholar Meets Prophet: Edward Granville Browne and Bahá'u'lláh (Acre, 1890), in Bahá'í Studies Review 20 (2014). Details of E.G. Browne's handwritten notes about his meeting with Baha'u'llah, his stay in Akka in April 1890, and his correspondence with Russian academics. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-20, in Published Articles: Christopher Buck and Adib Ma'sumian. Baha'u'llah's Paradise of Justice: Commentary and Translation, in Bahá'í Studies Review 20 (2014). The tablet Riḍvānu’l-‘Adl, "Paradise of Justice," shows how the concept of justice — which encompasses both faith and action — is the essence of the Baha’i concept of salvation, both individual and societal. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-20, in Encyclopedia articles: Christopher Buck. Bahá'í: History, Beliefs, Practices, Theological Exchanges, and Current Issues, in Handbook of Religion: A Christian Engagement with Traditions, Teachings, and Practices (2014). Brief overviews of Baha'i history and thought. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-19, in Personal compilations: Laws Abrogated by Bahá'u'lláh (2018). Laws rescinded from previous religions and from the Bayán. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-13, in Research notes: Stephen Lambden. List of Baha'i Studies and Translations. A list of content available at Lambden's personal website, Hurqalya Publications, with select links to manuscripts, texts, introductions. Includes Shaykhi and Babi studies, bibliographies, genealogies, provisional translations. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-12, in Published Articles: Bijan Ma'sumian and Adib Ma'sumian. Bab in the World of Images, The, in Bahá'í Studies Review 19 (2013). History of the portraits drawn of the Bab, especially that of Aqa Bala Bayg of Shishvan, the only artist who actually met the Bab. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-12, in Published Articles: Bijan Ma'sumian and Adib Ma'sumian. Baha'i Studies in Iran: A Preliminary Survey, in Bahá'í Studies Review 20 (2014). Overview of the cultivation and evolution of religious education in the Baha’i Faith in Iran in the 19th and 20th centuries. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-10, in Published Articles: Bill Washington. Комментарии к Пространной обязательной молитве (1996). Комментарий к Пространной обязательной молитве Бахауллы [about]
- Posted 2018-03-06, in Encyclopedia articles: Iraj Ayman. Varqá, Wali-Alláh, in Encyclopaedia Iranica (2017). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-06, in Encyclopedia articles: Iraj Ayman. Varqá, Ali-Mohammad, in Encyclopaedia Iranica (2017). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-06, in Essays and short articles: Jack McLean. To Russia with Love: Journal of a Member of the Quddus Team (1990). Journal of a visit through Moscow, Kiev, and Levov in August 1990 by the four travel teachers Shamsi Sedagat, Ann Clavin, Leo Misagi, and Jack McLean. [about]
- Posted 2018-03-05, in Documents from the Universal House of Justice: Universal House of Justice. Об изменении климата и доверии к науке (2017). Всемирный Дом Справедливости обсуждает вопрос изменения климата и затрагивает более общие темы доверия к науке, важности избегания крайностей в дискуссиях, совещания бахаи и действий в связи с глобальными проблемами, стоящими перед человечеством. [about]