Taiwan Bahá'í Chronicle:
An Historical Record of the Early Days of the Bahá'í Faith in Taiwan
12. The Second Bahá'í Summer
In October 1958 the second Bahá'í Summer School was
held in Taipei. It lasted for three days with thirty-three people attending,
including several non Bahá'ís. The Summer School Committee was
pleased that the location was International House, which was newly constructed.
The committee designed an attractive sign-board in both Chinese and English
which was displayed at the entrance.
Hand of the Cause Miss Alexander and Auxiliary Board Member from Macau, Mr.
Scherer, attended. Miss Alexander spoke on the timely subject of the Will and
Testament of 'Abdu'l-Bahá and the Guardianship.
The Second Taiwan Summer School was held in Taipei, October 10-12,
1958 at the International House. Thirty-three people attended, including Hand
of the Cause Miss Agnes Alexander from Japan.
The photo shows only some of the Bahá'ís who attended.
Auxiliary Board Member Carl Scherer from Macau is standing at the left. Mr.
Suleimani is next to him. Behind him is Mr. Keith Danielsen-Craig. Mrs.
Suleimani is holding the plaque and Miss Alexander is standing next to her.
Mrs. Danielsen-Craig is next. Unfortunately, the other friends are
In 1958 Mr. Wang Chi-chang was elected to be delegate from Taiwan to the
second Convention of North East Asia, but as he could not get the passport he
wasn't able to attend.
The Faith was slowly growing. By April 1958 the number of
Bahá'ís in Taiwan had increased to twenty-two representing five
localities, Tainan, Taipei, Tsoying, Hsin-ying and Chia-yi.
Mrs. Danielsen-Craig conducted a youth study class three nights a week
in Taipei (1958). Three of the young people (two girls and one boy) were
children of a Bahá'í. Two young men were brothers of a
A youth study class at the Tainan Bahá'í Center in 1960.