Search for tag " Haifa"
|1891. 27 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh visits Haifa for the fourth time. [BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He stays three months. [BBD94; BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He lives in the house of Ilyás Abyad near the Templar colony, His tent pitched nearby on the foot of Mount Carmel on HaGefen Street. [BKG374; DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh instructs to the Master to arrange the transportation of the remains of the Báb from Persia to the Holy Land and their interment in a mausoleum below the clump of cypress trees at a spot which He indicated with His hand. It is stated that there were 15 tiny cypress trees at that time, each one the size of a finger. See Rob4p363 for a photo of the site indicated. [AB45; BKG374; DH134–5; GPB194]
- For a story of the difficulties in obtaining land for access to the site of the Shrine of the Báb see SES79-80.
- One day He pitches His tent a few hundred yards east of the Carmelite monastery and visits the monastery. [DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh visits the cave of Elijah. [BKG375; DH174; RB4:3512]
- He reveals the Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel), the `Charter of the World Spiritual and Administrative Centres of the Faith' near the site of the future Mashriqu'l-Adhkár. [BBD1 18–19; BKG375; DH109, 174; MBW63; RB4:352]
- For the text of this Tablet see BKG376–7, G14–17 and TB3–5.
- For an analysis of the text see RB4:353–67.
||Bab, Shrine of; Carmelite monastery; Cave of Elijah; Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel); Charters; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; House of Ilyas Abyad; Templars; Bahaullah, Writings of; Bahaullah, Life of
||The site for the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of the Holy Land is selected. [DH175; MBW63]
|1954 12 Apr
||Shoghi Effendi accepts the bid made by the firm of Enrico Pandolfini of Pietrasanta in Tuscany, Italy for the supply of the obelisk will mark the place of the first Mashriqu'l-Adhkar of the Holy Land. After the delivery of the materials circumstances did not allow for the obelisk to be erected. The Universal House of Justice completed the project in August, 1971.
||BWC; Pietrasanta; Tuscany; Italy
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; Obelisks; Shoghi Effendi, Life of
||Shoghi Effendi announces the acquisition of 36,000 square metres of land for the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of the Holy Land. [DH175; MBW78–9]
- The entire sum for the purchase was donated by Amelia Collins. [MBW79]
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; Land purchases; Amelia Collins
||The Universal House of Justice erects an obelisk on the site of the future House of Worship of the Holy Land on land that was purchased in 1953 with a gift of $50,000 from Milly Collins. [MBW63, 78-79, BBD 172; BW15:177–8; DH175; MUHJ83–4, SES18-20]
||Universal House of Justice; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Haifa; Obelisks; Gifts
from the main catalogue
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Shoghi Effendi: Recollections, by Ugo Giachery (1973). Biography of Shoghi Effendi from the close standpoint of the author's personal experiences. Short excerpt from book; Part 1 only. [about]