Search for tag "`Ishqabad"
||By 1890 about a thousand Bahá'ís have settled in `Ishqábád. [BBRSM91, SDOH99]
||Shanghai is re-opened to the Bahá'í Faith by the arrival of two Bahá'ís from`Ishqábád, Áqá Mírzá Mihdí Rashtí and Áqá Mírz `Abdu'l-Baqí Yazdí, who open a branch of the Ummi'd company, an import-export firm. [PH25]
||Áqa Mirza Mihdi Rashti; Áqa Mirza `Abdu'l-Baqi Yazdi; Ummi'd company
|1902 28 Nov
||Construction begins on the Mashriqu'l-Adhkár of `Ishqábád with the laying of its cornerstone. [BFA2:116-17]
- BBRXXX says this was 12 December. The discrepancy may lie in the use of two different calendars.
- The foundation stone is laid in the presence of General Subotich, governor-general of Turkistan. [BFA2:116–17; GPB300; see discussion of Krupatkin vs Subotich in whitmore_city_love]
- `Abdu'l-Bahá commissions Hájí Mírzá Muhammad-Taqí, the Vakílu'd-Dawlih, son of Hájí Siyyid Muhammad, the uncle of the Báb for whom Bahá'u'lláh had revealed The Kitáb-i-Íqán, to be in charge of the project. [AB109]
- `Abdu'l-Bahá Himself delineates the general design and a Russian architect, Volkov, plans and executes the details of the construction. [AB109–10]
- A meeting hall and some of its dependencies had been built before 1900.
- Its dependencies include two Bahá'í schools, a travellers' hostel, a medical dispensary and Hazíratu'l-Quds. [BBD122; BBR442; BBRSM:91]
- For a Western account of this see BBR442–3.
- See jacket of BBR for a photograph of work on the Temple.
||Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Mashriqul-Adhkar, Ishqabad; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Dependencies of; General Subotich; Krupatkin; Haji Mirza Muhammad-Taqi (Vakilud-Dawlih); Haji Siyyid Muhammad; Volkov; Haziratul-Quds
|1903 7 Mar
||Inspired by the news of the `Ishqábád Temple project, the Chicago House of Spirituality asks `Abdu'l-Bahá for permission to construct a Mashriqu'l-Adhkár. [BFA2:XVI, 118; BW10:179; GPB348]
||Temple; House of Spirituality; Mashriqu'l-Adhkar
||The outer structure of the House of Worship in `Ishqábád is completed and the dome is in place. [AB110, EB267]
- The outer decoration will not be completed until 1919.
- For a description of the Temple, its gardens and environs see BW1:79–81, GPB300–1 and PUP71.
||House of Worship; Mashriqu’l-Adhkar