Search for tag "Ábádih"
|1853. 24 Nov
||The prisoners from Nayríz and the heads of the martyrs arrive in Shíráz. More Bábís are executed and their heads sent to Tihrán. The heads are later buried at Ábádih. [BW18:382]
||Shiraz; Nayriz; Tihran; Abadih; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution
||The government of Iran takes several measures against the Bahá’ís throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Nineteen Bahá’í schools are closed in Káshán, Qazvín, Yazd, Najafábád, Ábádih and elsewhere. [ARG109]
- Bahá’í meetings are forbidden in many towns, including Tihrán, Mashhad, Sabzivár, Qazvín and Arák.
- Bahá’ís centres in Káshán, Hamadán and Záhidán are closed by the authorities.
- Some Bahá’í government employees are dismissed.
- Some Bahá’í military personnel are stripped of their rank and imprisoned.
- Bahá’ís in many places are harassed over the filling-in of marriage certificates, census forms and other legal documents.
|Iran; Kashan; Qazvin; Yazd; Najafabad; Abadih; Tihran; Mashhad; Sabzivar; Arak; Hamadan; Zahidan
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Tarbiyat School; Bahai schools
|1944 12 May
||Bahá’ís are persecuted at Ábádih, Iran. The Bahá’í centre is attacked by a mob of four thousand, the building is looted and destroyed and several Bahá’ís badly beaten. [BW18:389]
- For Western accounts see BBR479.
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Destruction; Persecution; Persecution, Mobs; Haziratul-Quds
|1944 after Aug
||Following the murder of Bahá’ís at Sháhrúd, Iran, and the widespread publicity on the outcome of the trial, there is an upsurge in persecution of Bahá’ís throughout Iran. [BW18:389]
- At Ábádih Bahá’ís are beaten and their houses sacked. [BW18:389]
- The Bahá’í centre at Bandar Jaz is attacked. [BW18:389]
- Two Bahá’ís are knifed at Bandar Sháh. The attackers are set free and attack a further three Bahá’ís, leaving one an invalid. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís, including women and children, are attacked and beaten at Bushrúyih, their homes and shops looted and burned and the Bahá’í cemetery desecrated. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’í houses are attacked and looted at Fárán, Káshán and Ná’in. [BW13:390]
- Bahá’í houses are set on fire in Gulpáygán and Zábul. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are driven from town in Bujnúrd, Gunábád and Tabas. [BW18:390]
- The Bahá’í cemetery at Mahmúdábád is desecrated.
- Bahá’ís are beaten at Miyán-du-áb, Rafsanján, Sangsar and Sírján. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are stoned at Qasr-i-Shírín. [BW18:390]
|Iran; Abadih; Bandar Jaz; Bandar Shah; Bushruyih; Faran; Kashan; Nain; Gulpaygan; Zabul; Bujnurd; Gunabad; Tabas; Mahmudabad; Miyan-du-ab; Rafsanjan; Sangsar; Sirjan; Qasr-i-Shirin
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Destruction; Persecution, Other; Persecution
|1955 30 May
||Bahá’ís are attacked and wounded and their houses attacked at Ábádih, Iran. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Letter to Jináb-i-Áqá Mírzá Bádí'u'lláh Khán of Abadih, by Shoghi Effendi (1997). Answers four questions: (1) re "Crimson Scroll"; (2) re the "Sacred Night"; (3) re the "Tablet of the Bell"; and (4) using the Kitab-i-Aqdas for bibliomancy. [about]