Search for tag "- Glossaries"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Glossary: Persian and Arabic words appearing in the Bahá'í Writings, by Marzieh Gail (1957). The first published glossary of Baha'i terms and names. [about]
- Bahá'í Glossary and Pronunciation Guide, A, by Amin Banani (1967). How to pronounce Persian and Arabic names and terms in Baha'i literature, and discussion of linguistic history and transliteration. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Brief Course on the Bahá'í Faith, A (1993). Basic themes and beliefs of the Baha'i Faith, explained succinctly, with glossary and study questions. [about]
- Glosario Basico de Terminos Bahá'ís (2004). Spanish glossary of 404 terms used in the Baha'i writings, community and administration, as well as words related to the history of other religions, and the history of Persia, Turkey and the Holy Land. Followed by glossary from the Iqan. [about]
- Glossary of Arabic and Persian Transcription (2016). Comprehensive list of names and terms encountered in Baha'i history, with accents and underlines, and definitions. [about]
- Glossary of Bahá'í terms, by Jonah Winters (2010). Definitions of common Baha'i terms, people, places, and names of Tablets. [about]
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book): "Multilinear" Translation project and Glossary, by Bahá'u'lláh (1999). Side-by-side comparisons of the authorized translation with earlier translations of Anton Haddad and Earl Elder. Includes short glossary to the Aqdas. [about]
- Major Themes of the Creative Word: Series of Books for Deepening and Studying, by Melanie Smith and Paul Lample (1987). Five activity books "designed to draw the student into a study of the profound concepts found in the Bahá’í Revelation." Youth Can Move the World, The Significance of Bahá’u’lláh’s Revelation, Spiritual Conquest of the Planet, The Covenant, etc. [about]
- Our Beloved Guardian: An Introduction to the Life and Work of Shoghi Effendi, by Lowell Johnson (1993). A comprehensive summary biography of Shoghi Effendi. Includes glossary of some antiquated English words and their contemporary or simplified English equivalents. Introduction by Marguerite Sears. [about]
- Persian and Arabic names, by Hasan M. Balyuzi and Marzieh Gail, in The Báb (1973). Explanations of the elaborate system of Persian names and titles used in the nineteenth century. [about]
- Persian, Arabic, and Provisional Translations, by Iraj Ayman and Robert Stockman (1999). Words relating to the titles of Baha'i Writings, "Pure" Persian and "Pure" Arabic, and information on provisional translations. [about]