Search for tag "1844"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Baha (1990). [about]
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). New 2014 translation (with a version side-by-side with the original). [about]
- Babi Movement in Iran, The: From Religious Dissent to Political Revolt, 1844, by Ahmad Nur Fuad (1998). Development of the Babi movement and the political implications of its religious teachings, as seen in its shift from purely religious dissent to political dissent. [about]
- Brief Introduction to Millennial Zeal in the Nineteenth Century, A, by Chris Manvell and Carolyn Sparey-Gillies (1997). [about]
- Dawn over Mount Hira and Other Essays, by Marzieh Gail (1976). A collection of essays on various topics of interest to Baha'i studies and history. Most of these were first published in Star of the West and World Order between 1929 and 1971. [about]
- Thief in the Night: The Case of the Missing Millennium, by William Sears (1961). In the early 19th-century there was world-wide and fervent expectation that during the 1840s the return of Christ would take place. Did this happen, or was it all a dream? [about]
- Unknown Hour, The, by David Friedman (1998). Christians believe the Bible does not specify the time of Christ's return, but the Baha'i teachings are that an exact year, 1844, is indicated in the Bible for the time of the Second Coming. [about]