Search for tag "Abul-Qasim Faizi"
||Birth of `Abu'l-Qásim Faizí, Hand of the Cause of God, in Qum.
||Abul-Qasim Faizi; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
|1927 (In the year)
||Abu'l-Qásim Faizi, a 19-year-old student who had attended the Tarbiyát School in Tehran but was now enrolled at the American University at Beirut, visited Haifa to meet Shoghi Effendi. Like Hasan Balyuzi before him, he was immediately possessed by a great desire to serve him. [SETPE1p146-7]
||Haifa; Tihran; Iran; Beirut; Lebanon
||Abul-Qasim Faizi; Tarbiyat School; American University of Beirut; Shoghi Effendi, Life of
||The third contingent of Hands of the Cause of God was appointed: Enoch Olinga, William Sears, John Robarts, Hasan Balyuzi, John Ferraby, Collis Featherstone, Rahmatu’lláh Muhájir and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí. [GBF111; MBW127; PP254, 442; SS47]
See TG160 for the story of how Enoch Olinga reacted to the news of being appointed a Hand of the Cause of God.
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Hands of the Cause, Contingents; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent; Enoch Olinga; William Sears; John Robarts; Hasan Balyuzi; John Ferraby; Collis Featherstone; Rahmatullah Muhajir; Abul-Qasim Faizi
|1960 5 May
||Hand of the Cause Abu’l-Qásim Faizí was sent by the Custodians to France to meet with the National Spiritual Assembly and Bahá’ís of France. [MC197]
After consultation, five members of the assembly continued to support Charles Mason Remey in his claim to be the second Guardian and resigned from the assembly. The national assembly was dissolved. [MC203]
||BWC; Haifa; France
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Abul-Qasim Faizi; NSA; Charles Mason Remey; Covenant-breakers; Guardianship
|1963 19 May
||The Hands of the Cause cabled the annual conventions with the names of the five Hands chosen to reside in the Holy Land: Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum, Leroy Ioas, ‘Alí-Akbar Furútan, Paul Haney and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí. [MoC427]
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Leroy Ioas; Ali Akbar Furutan; Paul Haney; Abul-Qasim Faizi
|1973 5 Jun
||The International Teaching Centre was established at the Bahá’í World Centre for the purpose of continuing the work of the Hands of the Cause of God into the future. [BBD118–19; BBRSM132–3; BW16:134, 411–14; BW17:322–5; VV16, CEBF200; Wikipedia]
For cable of the Universal House of Justice see BW16:413.
Hands of the Cause Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum, ‘Alí-Akbar Furútan, Paul Haney and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí and Counsellor members Hooper Dunbar, Florence Mayberry and Aziz Yazdí were appointed. [BW16:413]
For pictures see BW16:412 and VV16.
The duties and the organization of the International Teaching Centre were deliniated in the Message from the Universal House of Justice of June 8th, 1973.
||International Teaching Centre; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Counsellors; Universal House of Justice, Basic timeline; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Ali Akbar Furutan; Paul Haney; Abul-Qasim Faizi; Hooper Dunbar; Florence Mayberry; Aziz Yazdi; Appointed arm; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1980 (In the year)
||The publication of Stories from the Delight of Hearts - The Memoirs of Hají Mírzá Haydar-Alí as translated by A Q Faizi and published by Kalimat in 1980.
||Haji Mirza Haydar-Ali; Abul-Qasim Faizi; Publications; Translation
|1980 20 Nov
||Abu’l-Qásim Faizí, Hand of the Cause of God, passed away in Haifa. (b.1906) [BW18:659; VV52]
Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
For his obituary see BW18:659–65.
See Conqueror of Hearts:
Excerpts from Letters, Talks, and Writings of Hand of the Cause of God Abu'l-Qásim Faizí by Abu'l-Qasim Faizi edited by Shirley Macias.
||Abul-Qasim Faizi; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Conqueror of Hearts: Talks by Hand of the Cause of God Abu'l-Qásim Faizí, by Shirley Macias and Abu'l-Qasim Faizi, in Conqueror of Hearts (2002). Biography, and talks by Faizi to the World Congress (1963) and Wilmette House of Worship (1974). [about]
- Conqueror of Hearts: Excerpts from Letters, Talks, and Writings of Hand of the Cause of God Abu'l-Qásim Faizí, by Abu'l-Qasim Faizi (2002). Collection of articles, personal letters, and learned talks, edited for posting as a single book. Includes Persian translation. [about]
- Fayzí, Abu'l-Qásim (Hand of the Cause), by Moojan Momen, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 9 (1999). Very brief article, short enough to qualify as "fair use." [about]
- Hand of the Cause of God Abu'l-Qásim Faizí: Biography and photographs, in Conqueror of Hearts (2002). [about]
- Hands of the Cause of God: Personal Recollections, by Bill Washington (2014). Recollections of A.Q. Faizi, A.A. Furútan, Clara Dunn, Rúhíyyih Khánum, Ugo Giachery, Leroy Ioas, Enoch Olinga, Rahmátu’lláh Muhajir, Bill Sears, Agnes Alexander, John Robarts, Collis Featherstone, and Jalal Khazeh. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Mr Faizi and Mr Furútan in Australia: The Yerrinbool tapes, by Abu'l-Qasim Faizi and Ali-Akbar Furutan, in Australian Bahá'í Studies, vol. 2 (2000). Lengthy talks of Hands of the Cause A.Q. Faizi and A.A. Furútan in Australia at the Yerrinbool summer school. [about]
- My Memories of Hand of the Cause of God, A. Q. Faizí, by Shirley Macias, in Conqueror of Hearts (2002). Personal letters from Faizi to Macias, and her recollections of him. [about]