Search for tag "Adib Taherzadeh"
|1993 29 Apr - 2 May
||The Seventh Bahá'í International Convention at the World Centre. Those elected to the Universal House of Justice were: Mr. Ali Nakhjavani, Mr. Glenford Mitchell, Mr. Adib Taherzadeh, Mr. Ian Semple, Mr. Peter Khan, Mr. Hushmand Fatheazam, Mr. Hooper Dunbar, Mr. Farzam Arbab and Mr. Douglas Martin. [BINS295, BW93-4p51-58]
- Hugh Chance and David Ruhe announce their retirement. Mr. Chance served since 1963 and Dr. Ruhe since 1968. [BINS295, BS93-4p57]
- For a report of the Convention see BW93–4:51–8.
- For pictures see BW93–4:52, 53, 54, 57.
- Dr. Farzam Arbab, born in Iran, obtained his doctorate in physics at the University of California, Berkeley. He was the representative for the Rockefeller Foundation in Colombia (1974 to 1983) and the president of the FUNDAEC development foundation there. He was a member of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Colombia and a Continental Counsellor before being appointed to the International Teaching Centre.
- Mr. Douglas Martin, born in Canada, helds degrees in business administration and in history, and was an author and editor. He was a member of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Canada, serving as its chief executive officer from 1965 to 1985 when he was appointed director-general of the Office of Public Information at the Baha'i World Centre.
||Universal House of Justice, Election of; Elections; Universal House of Justice, Members of; Conventions, International; Ali Nakhjavani; Glenford Mitchell; Adib Taherzadeh; Ian Semple; Peter Khan; Hushmand Fatheazam; Hooper Dunbar; Farzam Arbab; Douglas Martin; Hugh Chance; David Ruhe; BWNS
|2000 26 Jan
||The passing of Mr. Adib Taherzadeh, member of the Universal House of Justice since 1988, in Haifa after some months of illness. He was 78. [One Country]
||Adib Taherzadeh; Universal House of Justice, Members of; In Memoriam
|2000 23 Mar
||The election of Kiser Barnes to the Universal House of Justice to replace Mr Adib Taherzadeh. [BWNS948]
Mr. Kiser Barnes was born in the United States, and held degrees in political science and law. He practiced law and held senior positions in human rights organizations and in labour relations in the United States, before moving to Africa where he held senior academic posts at universities in Benin, Togo and Nigeria. He was a member of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Benin, an Auxiliary Board member and a Continental Counsellor until appointed to the International Teaching Centre in 1993. [BWNS208]
||Kiser Barnes; Adib Taherzadeh; Universal House of Justice, Members of; BWNS
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Child of the Covenant, by Adib Taherzadeh: Review, by Tricia Fallon-Barry, in Solas, 1 (2001). Brief review of this sequel to Covenant of Baha'u'llah. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Excerpts from Revelation of Baha'u'llah, by Adib Taherzadeh, in The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh 1877-92, Vol. IV, Mazra'ih & Bahjí (1987). Excerpts from chapters 24-25, compiled for the Wilmette Institute. [about]
- Growing in the Bahá'í Faith, by Adib Taherzadeh (1984). Talk at an Alaskan summer school, covering topics such as the nature of the soul, our purpose, and personal and collective growth. [about]
- Human Soul, The, by Adib Taherzadeh. [about]
- Indexes of Tablet names, diacritics, and transliteration: Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, by Adib Taherzadeh, in Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volumes 1-4 (1982). Indexes only, useful for (1) referencing the diacritics and transliteration of Tablet names, and (2) knowing in which books Taherzadeh discusses which tablets. [about]
- Irish Bahá'í Summer School, by Adib Taherzadeh (1999). A wide-ranging talk on the administrative order, anecdotes about George Townshend, and time spent in Ireland. [about]
- Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 1: Baghdad, 1853-63, by Adib Taherzadeh (1974). Link to formatted book (offsite). [about]
- Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 2: Adrianople, 1863-1868, by Adib Taherzadeh (1977). Link to formatted book (offsite). [about]
- Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 3: `Akká, The Early Years, 1868-77, by Adib Taherzadeh (1983). Link to formatted book (offsite). [about]
- Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 4: Mazra'ih & Bahjí, 1877-92, by Adib Taherzadeh (1987). Link to formatted book (offsite). [about]
- Spiritualization of the Bahá'í Community: A Plan for Teaching, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Ireland and Adib Taherzadeh (1982). A three-part collection consisting of a letter from the NSA of Ireland, a letter from Taherzadeh to the Baha'is of Ireland regarding the spiritualization of the Baha'i community, and the preamble for a plan of action for teaching. [about]
- Stories of Baha'u'llah and Some Notable Believers, by Adib Taherzadeh (2003). Extracts compiled from Adib Taherzadeh’s The Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh, Volumes 1-4. [about]