Search for tag "Apostle"
||Birth of Mullá Zaynu'l-`Ábidín (Zaynu'l-Muqarrabín), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Najafábád.
||Mulla Zaynu'l-`Ábidin, Zaynu'l-Muqarrabin, Apostle
|1825. c. 1825
||Birth of Áqá Husayn-i-Isfahání (Mishkín-Qalam), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh and well-known calligrapher, in Shíráz.
||Áqa Husayn-i-Isfahani, Mishkin-Qalam, Apostle, calligrapher
|1829 29 Mar
||Birth of Áqá Muhammad-i-Qá'iní (Nabíl-i-Akbar), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw-Firist, near Bírjand.
||Nabil-i-Akbar, Apostle, Aqa Muhammad-i-Qa'ini
|1831 29 Jul
||Birth of Nabíl-i-A`zam, Muhammad-i-Zarandí, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh.
||Nabil-i-A`zam, Muhammad-i-Zarandi, Apostle
||Birth of Mírzá Áqá Ján-i-Kashání (Khadimu'lláh), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh and His amanuensis.
||Mirza Áqa Jan-i-Kashani, Khadimu'llah, Apostle of Baha'u'llah, amanuensis
|1837. c. 1837
||Birth of Mírzá Muhammad Mustafáy-i-Baghdádí, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Iraq.
||Mirza Muhammad Mustafay-i-Baghdadi, Apostle of Baha'u'llah
||Birth of Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl-i-Gulpáygání, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Gulpáygán.
||Gulpaygani, Apostle of Baha'u'llah
|1844. 7 Feb
||Birth of Shaykh Kázim-i-Samandarí, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Qazvín.
||Shaykh Kázim-i-Samandarí, Apostle Bahá'u'lláh
||Bahá'u'lláh is in Bandar-Jaz. An edict comes from Muhammad Sháh ordering His arrest.
- The Russian agent at Bandar-Jaz offers Him passage on a Russian ship at anchor there but He refuses. [BKG50] Birth of Hájí Mírzá Hasan, Adíb, Hand of the Cause and Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Táliqán.
|Bandar-Jaz, Táliqán, Iran, Persia
||Baha'u'llah, arrest, Muhammad Shah, Russian agent, Russia, Haji Mirza Hasan, Adib, Hand Cause, Apostle
||Birth of Mírzá Buzurg-i-Khurásání (Badí‘), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Mashhad.
||Mashhad, Iran, Persia
||Mirza Buzurg-i-Khurasani, Badi‘, birth, Apostle, Baha'u'llah
||Birth of Shaykh Muhammad-‘Alíy-i-Qá'iní, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw Firist, near Bírjand. [EB273]
||Naw Firist, Bírjand, Iran, Persia
||Shaykh Muhammad-‘Alíy-i-Qá'iní, birth, Apostle, Bahá'u'lláh
||Badí` delivers the Tablet of Bahá'u'lláh to the Sháh. He is tortured and executed. [BBRXXXIX; BKG300; BW18:383; RB3:184–6]
- For details of his torture and martyrdom see BKG300, 304–7 and RB3:186–91.
- For the account of the French Minister in Tihrán see BBR254–5.
- He is given the title Fakhru'sh-Shuhadá' (Pride of Martyrs). [BKG300]
- Shoghi Effendi listed him among the Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh. [BW3:80–1]
- For the effect on Bahá'u'lláh of the martyrdom of Badí` see BKG300 and GPB199.
||Badí`, Fakhru'sh-Shuhadá' (Pride of Martyrs), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, Sháh
|1881 to 1928
||The second Trustee of the Huqúqu'lláh was Hájí Abu'l-Hasan-i-Ardikání, entitled Amín-i-Iláhí (Trusted of God). He had been a companion of Jináb-i-Sháh until his death in 1881 in a fatal attack. Hájí Sháh-Muhammad and Hájí Abu'l-Hasan had been the first believers to succeed in entering the city of 'Akká and attain the presence of Bahá'u'lláh in the public bath in the early days of His confinement in the Most Great Prison.
- He travelled to Paris to obtain the presence of 'Abu'l-Bahá.
- Shoghi Effendi named him a Hand of the Cause of God posthumously (July, 1928) and was he was also named one of the Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh. In appreciation of Hájí Amín's services, 'Abdu'l-Bahá named one of the doors of the Shrine of the Báb after him.
- Upon his death Shoghi Effendi appointed Hájí Ghulám-Ridá (entitled Amín-i-Amín), who for several years had been Hájí Amín's assistant, to succeed him as Trustee of the Huqúq'u'lláh. [RoB3p74-86]
||Trustee of the Huququ'llah, The second Trustee of the Huququ'llah, Haji Abu'l-Hasan-i-Ardikani, Amin-i-Ilahi, Jinab-i-Shah, Hand of the Cause, Apostles of Baha'u'llah, Haji Ghulam-Rida, Amin-i-Amin
||Mírzá Músá, Áqáy-i-Kalím, the faithful brother of Bahá'u'lláh, passes away in `Akká. [BBD166; BKG369; DH57]
- He is buried in the Bahá'í section of the Muslim cemetery. [DH81]
- He was designated by Shoghi Effendi as one of the 19 Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh. [BBD166; BW3:80–1]
||Mirza Musa, Áqay-i-Kalim, Apostle of Baha'u'llah, Karbala'i Hasan Khan, Karbala'i Sadiq
|1892. 6 Jul
||Death of Nabíl-i-Akbar, Hand of the Cause, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Bukhárá. [EB115]
- The Lawh-i-Hikmat was addressed to him. [EB115]
- For details of his life see EB112–15.
- See OPOP86 for "Pilgrim's Note" concerning what Jináb-i-Fádil said that 'Abdu'l-Bahá said about Nabil's suicide.
||Nabil-i-Akbar, Hand of the Cause, Apostle of Baha'u'llah, Lawh-i-Hikmat, Hand appointed by 'Abdu'l-Baha
|1914 21 Jan
||Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl-i-Gulpáygání, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, passes away in Cairo. [AB404; BBD67]
- For a brief biography see EM263–5, SDH113.
- His grave is next to that of Lua Getsinger in the Bahá'í cemetery in Cairo.
- His numerous works include Fará'id (The Peerless Gems) 1898; The Brilliant Proof; 1912; Bahá'í Proofs, 1902; and Al-Duraru'l-Bahíyih (The Shining Pearls, published in English as Miracles and Metaphors), 1900. [BBD7]
||Mirza Abu'l-Fadl-i-Gulpaygani, Apostle of Baha'u'llah, Lua Getsinger, Baha'i cemetery
||Shaykh Kázim-i-Samandar, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, passes away early in the year.
- For the story of his life see EB191-215.
||Shaykh Kazim-i-Samandar, Apostle of Baha'u'llah, In Memoriam
- Tags are simplified spellings, minus all accents and punctuation, used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches are matched to any part of a tag: searching for mashr will also return Mashriqu'l-Adhkar, or Egyptian will also return Egypt.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- While all documents on this website will hopefully one day be tagged, so far we've only applied a few tags to the main Collection.
However, most events in the Chronology are now tagged.