Search for tag "Arizona"
|1982 19 – 20 Jun
||The teaching project Camino Del Sol (Trail of Light), comprising indigenous believers from North America, is formed on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona, United States. [BW18:239]
- The team travels through Central and South America in a programme of cultural exchange. [BW18:172]
- For a report of the project and pictures see BW18:239–45 and BW19:74–6.
|Arizona; United States
||Indigenous people; Native Americans; Navajo (Dine)
|1984 16 Nov
||Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Scottsdale, Arizona. (b. 16 November 1889) [BW19:594; VV123]
- BW19: 159 says this was 17 November.
- For his obituary see BW19:593–5.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
|Scottsdale; Arizona; United States
||Shuaullah Alai; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Second Contingent
|1992 25 Mar
||William Sears, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Tucson, Arizona. (28 March, 1911) [BINS267; VV124]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
|Tucson; Arizona; United States
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; William Sears; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent
from the main catalogue
- History of the Bahá'í Faith in Arizona, The: The First Fifty Years, 1900-1950, by Maureen M. Thur (2004). Historical details and biographies about Arizona, from Nellie French moving from Chicago to Bisbee in 1900, to the formation of LSAs in 1949. Includes biographies of Amelia Collins and Orcella Rexford aka Louise Cutts-Powell (Appendices 1-2). [about]