Search for tag "Bákú"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||Six rooms of the Shrine of the Báb are completed. [GBF103]
- See BBD8 and DH103–4 for information on Mullá Abu-Tálib, the master mason from Bákú, Ádharbáyján, who worked on the Shrine.
|Haifa; Baku; Adharbayjan
||Bab, Shrine of; Mulla Abu-Talib
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Azerbaijan is re-formed after half a century of prohibition and persecution. The seat is in Baku. [BINS270:4; BW92–3:119; VV121]
|2003 26 Nov
||The passing of Hand of the Cause of God Ali Akbar Furútan in Haifa at the age of 98. [BWNS261, BW'03-‘04pg227]
- Born in Sabzivar, Iran, on 29 April 1905.
- Moved with his family to Ashgabat in what was then Russian Turkestan (now part of Turkmenistan), and, through his years of school and university, he took an active part in the work of the Baha'i communities of Ashgabat, Baku, Moscow, and other parts of Russia.
- In 1930 expelled from the Soviet Union during the Stalinist persecution of religion and from that time on played an ever more significant role in the work and administration of the Iranian Baha'i community. [BW03-04p227-230]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
- For a tribute from the Universal House of Justice see message of 27 November, 2003.
|Haifa; Sabzivar; Iran; Ashgabat; Turkmenistan; Baku; Moscow
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; Ali Akbar Furutan; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; BWNS
|2009 21 – 22 Feb
||Regional Conferences held in Baku, Azerbaijan and Accra, Ghana. [BWNS700]
||Baku; Azerbaijan; Accra; Ghana
||Regional Conferences; BWNS