Search for tag "Bírjand"
|1829 29 Mar
||Birth of Áqá Muhammad-i-Qá'iní (Nabíl-i-Akbar), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw-Firist, near Bírjand.
||Nabil-i-Akbar; Apostle; Aqa Muhammad-i-Qa'ini
||Birth of Shaykh Muhammad-‘Alíy-i-Qá'iní, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw Firist, near Bírjand. [EB273]
||Naw Firist; Bírjand; Iran; Persia
||Shaykh Muhammad-‘Aliy-i-Qa'ini; birth; Apostle of Baha'u'llah
||Mullá Hasan and his two brothers are arrested and beaten in Sarcháh, Bírjand. [BW18:383]
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continues throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments are dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz are arrested.
- Bahá’ís closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh are arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns are prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families are attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They are severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahváz; Bandar Sháh; Kirmánsháh; Bírjand; Arák; Cham-tang
||religious persecution; LSA; holy days
|2017 18 - 22 Oct
||The Iranian Baha’i community was targeted during the bicentenary period. Between 18 and 21 October, some 19 individuals were arrested in Kermanshah, Tehran, and Birjand, and the homes 25 Baha’is were raided. Twenty-six Baha’i-owned shops around the country were sealed off by authorities because the owners observed the Holy Day on 21 October. These closures occurred in Shiraz, Marvdasht, Gorgan, and Gonbad. [BWNS1215]
||Kermanshah,Tehran, Birjand; Shiraz,Marvdasht,Gorgan,Gonbad.