Search for tag "Bab, Declaration of"
|1844. 23 May
||The birth of `Abdu'l-Bahá in a rented house near the Shimrán Gate in Tihrán. He was born at midnight. [AB9, SoG3-4]
- He is known as `Abbás Effendi outside the Bahá'í community.
- Bahá'u'lláh gives Him the titles Ghusn-i-A`zam (the Most Great Branch), Sirru'lláh (Mystery of God) and Áqá (the Master). [BBD2, 19, 87, 89]
- Sarkár-i-Áqá (the Honourable Master) is a title of `Abdu'l-Bahá. [BBD201]
- He Himself chose the title `Abdu'l-Bahá (Servant of Bahá) after the passing of Bahá'u'lláh. [BBD2]
||Abdul-Baha, Life of; Bahaullah, Life of; Bab, Declaration of
|1944 23 May
||Shoghi Effendi unveils the model of the Shrine of the Báb at the centenary celebration of the Declaration of the Báb in Haifa. [BBD210; BW10:154, 157; DH140; GBF104; PP239–40; UD166]
- BW10:157 suggests this was 24 May
||Bab, Shrine of; Bab, Declaration of; Centenaries; Models
from the main catalogue
- Days of Remembrance: Selections from the Writings of Baha'u'llah for Baha'i Holy Days, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Forty-five selections revealed for, or relating to, nine Bahá’í Holy Days. [about]