Search for tag "Baha'i House"
| 1953 3 – 6 May
||The All-America Intercontinental Teaching Conference is held in Chicago. [BW12:133]
- For the texts of Shoghi Effendi’s messages to the conference see BW12:133–41 and MBW142–6.
- Twelve Hands of the Cause are present. [BW12:143]
- At the conference, five members of the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States resign from that body in order to go pioneering: Elsie Austin, Dorothy Baker, Matthew Bullock, Mamie Seto and Dr William Kenneth Christian. [ZK102]
- Extract from the cecond message to All-American Intercontinental Conference from Shoghi Effendi... [MBW150]
.....the lands contributed in Latin America for a similar purpose approximate one-half of a million square meters, ninety thousand of which have been set aside near Santiago, Chile, for the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of South America..
||All-America Intercontinental Teaching Conference; Hand of the Cause; pioneer; Elsie Austin; Dorothy Baker’ Matthew Bullock; Mamie Seto; Dr William Kenneth Christian; Intercontinental Teaching Conference; Conference; Baha'i House of Worship; Mother Temple of South America; Continental Mashriqu’l-Adhkar; Mashriqu'l-Adhkar
|1967. 24 - 26 Mar
||The Arctic Policy Conference was held in Toronto. Present were 16 attendees, Hand of the Cause John Robarts, representatives of the National Spiritual Assembly, the Auxiliary Board, the National Pioneer Committee and individuals involved in the teaching work in the Arctic. It was decided to establish Bahá'í houses in Frobisher Bay in the District of Franklin, Baker Lake in the District of Keewatin and Yellowknife in the District of Mackenzie. [SDSC278]
- Photo of Bahá'í House in Baker Lake.
|Toronto; Frobisher Bay; Baker Lake; Yellowknife;
||Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit); Baker Lake; Yellowknife; Baha'i House
|2003 18 Mar
||The President of India, Abdul Kalam, visited the Bahá'í House of Worship in New Delhi, the first official visit there by an Indian Head of State since the Temple was opened in December 1986. [BWNS204]
||New Delhi; India
||Abdul Kalam; Baha'i House of Worship in New Delhi; Continental Mashriqu’l-Adhkar; Mashriqu'l-Adhkar