Search for tag "Bahai Scriptures (book)"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1923 12 Feb
||Bahai Scriptures, edited by Horace Holley, was published. [SBR231; BEL4.71-4.72]
It was the first comprehensive collection of Bahá'í writings made thus far in English. [SBR231]
||New York, NY
||Horace Holley; Bahai Scriptures (book); Publications; First publications
|1960 12 Jul
||Horace Hotchkiss Holley, Hand of the Cause of God, passed away in Haifa. (b. 7 April, 1887 in Torrington, CT) [MC226-227, BW13:849]
See FMH58-59 for the story of how he came to believe in the Faith.
Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
For his obituary see BW13:849–858.
For cable from the Hands of the Cause see MC217–18.
See also SBR214-247, LoF253-264 and Holley, Horace Hotchkiss by R. Jackson Armstrong-Ingram.
Some of his is publications: See BEL7.1197 to 7.1233]
- The Bahá'í Religion: Papers Read at the Conference on Some Living Religions Within the British Empire Papers presented by Horace Holley and Ruhi Afnan. 1925 [BEL7.386]
- Bahaism: The Modern Social Religion, (1913) [BEL7.1203]
- Religion for Mankind, (1956) [BEL7.1222]
- World Unity,
- Bahá'í, The Spirit of the Age, (1921) [BEL7.1201]
- Bahá'í Scriptures; Selections from the Utterances of Bahaʼuʼllah and Abdul Baha, (1923 and 1928) The first general book-length compilation of the writings of Bahá'u'lláh and 'Abdu'l-Bahá. Many passages were early and nonauthoritative translations. The book was superseded by Bahá'í World Faith [BEL4.71]
- Read-aloud Plays,
- Divinations and Creation,
- The World Economy of Baháʼuʼlláh
- The Inner Garden; A Book of Verse
- The Reality of Man (1931) [BEL3.103]
- He was a man of enormous capacity. When asked about it he reerred to a "zone of energy" in which he sometimes operated when more than normal strength was available to him. [FMH58]
|Haifa; Torrington; Connecticut; United States
||Horace Holley; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; Bahai Scriptures (book); Plays; Arts