Search for tag "Bahaullah, Birth of"
||Shaykh Ahmad travels to Persia and visits Shíráz and Tihrán. He is in Tihrán when Bahá'u'lláh is born. [DB13]
||Shiraz; Tihran; Iran
||Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsai; Shaykhism; Bahaullah, Birth of; Bahaullah, Life of
|1817. 12 Nov
||Birth of Mírzá Husayn `Alíy-i-Núrí (Bahá'u'lláh).
- He is of royal Persian blood, a descendant of Zoroaster and the Sásáníyán kings of Persia through Yazdigird III, the last king of that dynasty. Through His mother He is a descendant of Abraham through Katurah and Jesse. [BW8:874; GPB94; RB1:305]
- He is born in Tihrán. His father is Mírzá `Abbás whose ancestral home is Tákur in the province of Núr. His father is also known as Mírzá Buzurg in royal circles. [BKG13; RB1:7]
- His mother is Khadíjih Khánum. [BBD127; BBRSM57–8]
- He is born at dawn. [LOG353]
- For biblical reference see LOG378.
- RB1:304 for extracts from Shoghi Effendi re: His station.
- BBD39, GPB157–8 for a condensed history.
- See GPB93-99 for the significance of Bahá'u'lláh's station.
|Tehran; Nur; Iran
||Bahaullah, Birth of; Bahaullah, Life of; Twin Holy days; Holy days; Mirza Buzurg; Khadijih Khanum; - Basic timeline; Births and deaths
||BIC Statement on Bahá'u'lláh; Bahá'u'lláh: The Word Made Flesh|
|2017 20 - 22 Oct
||From the time of the setting of the sun on October 21st in Kiribati, an island republic in the Central Pacific just west of the International Date Line, until sunset in Hawaii on the 22nd of October, 72 hours later, celebrations were held in thousands of localities throughout the world commemorating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Bahá'u'lláh.
Coverage on the bicentenary website began soon after 8:00 GMT on 20 October and concluded at 4:00 GMT on 23 October documenting some of the thousands of celebrations.
|217 countries and territories
||Bahaullah, Birth of; Twin Holy days; Holy days
|2017 22 Oct
||The bicentenary of the birth of Bahá'u'lláh is commemorated around the world. A multi-lingual web page is implemented to track the celebrations. [BWNS1212]
||Bahaullah, Birth of; Twin Holy days; Holy days; Bahaullah, Life of
from the main catalogue
- Baha'u'llah, birth and ascension of, by J. Gordon Melton, in World Religions: Belief, Culture, and Controversy (2011). [about]
- Bahá'u'lláh, Birth/Ascension of, by Christopher Buck and J. Gordon Melton, in Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, Vol. 1, ed. Gordon Melton & Martin Baumann (2010). [about]
- Bahá'u'lláh, Festival of the Birth of (November 12), by Christopher Buck and J. Gordon Melton, in Religious Celebrations: An Encyclopedia of Holidays, Festivals, Solemn Observances, and Spiritual Commemorations (2011). [about]
- Birth and Childhood of Baha'u'llah, by David Merrick (2008). Childhood and Early Life of Baha'u'llah, told in plain English and suitable for reading aloud. [about]
- Days of Remembrance: Selections from the Writings of Baha'u'llah for Baha'i Holy Days, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Forty-five selections revealed for, or relating to, nine Bahá’í Holy Days. [about]
- Days of Remembrance: Selections, by Bahá'u'lláh (2015). Three English translations of short Tablets by Bahá’u’lláh from a forthcoming collection of Holy Writings called Days of Remembrance, about the nine Bahá'í holy days. [about]
- Marking the Bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh, by Universal House of Justice (2017). Thoughts on the meaning of Baha'u'llah's life and current Baha'i activities, inspired by the 200th anniversary of his birth. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Regarding the implementation of the Badi` calendar, by Universal House of Justice (2014). Message to the Bahá’ís of the world on the updated calendar of Baha'i holy days. Includes a table of Bahá’í Dates 172 to 221 B.E., and a letter to an individual explaining the date of the astronomical new moon in Islamic and Baha'i calendars. [about]
- Tablet Revealed by Bahá'u'lláh Commemorating His Birth, by Bahá'u'lláh (2016). A short tablet by Baha'u'llah in which he commemorates his birthday (November 12, 1817), proclaims the greatness of his cause, and exhorts all to turn to God and recognise his revelation. [about]