Search for tag "Bahaullah, Houses of"
|1867. c. Mar
||Bahá'u'lláh moves back to the now empty house of Amru'lláh. [GPB168]
- He stays for about three months. [GPB168]
- BKG239 says that within six months of Bahá'u'lláh's return to the house the owner sold it.
||Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Houses of; House of Amrullah
|1867. c. Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh rents the house of ‘Izzat Áqá. [BKG239; GPB168]
- See BKG241 for a description of this house.
||Bahaullah, Houses of; Bahaullah, Life of; House of Izzat Aqa; Houses
|1871 c. May
||Bahá'u'lláh is transferred to the house of Rábi`ih. [GPB189]
- His occupation of this house lasts four months. [BKG319; DH38–9]
||House of Rabiih; Bahaullah, Houses of
||`Údí Khammár, a wealthy Maronite Christian merchant, and his family move into the recently restored mansion at Bahjí, leaving their `Akká house empty. [BKG316–17; DH203]
||Udi Khammar; Bahji; House of Udi Khammar; Bahaullah, Houses of
||Bahá'u'lláh is transferred to the house of `Údí Khammár in `Akká. [BBD109; BKG317; DH39, 203; GPB189]
- The house is so small that 13 people of both sexes occupy one room. The remainder of Bahá'u'lláh's companions take up residence in other houses and the Khán-i-`Avámíd. [GBP189]
- Bahá'u'lláh's occupation of this house lasts two years. [BKG319]
- See BKG317 for the initial response of His neighbour, Ilyás `Abbúd.
- See DH201–3 for a biography of `Údí Khammár.
||Bahaullah, Houses of; House of Udi Khammar; Udi Khammar; House of Abbud; Ilyas Abbud; Khan-i-Avamid
|1872. 22 Jan
||Three Azalís, among them Siyyid Muhammad-i-Isfahání, the Antichrist of the Bahá'í Revelation, are murdered by seven Bahá'ís. [BBD163; BKG3256 DH41; GPB189; RB3:235]
Siyyid Muhammad Isfahání, Nasr’ulláh Tafríshí, Áqá Ján Ka’j Kuláh and Ridá Qulí these four kept vigil near the land gate to ensure no one would meet Bahá’u’lláh. They kept watch from the second story window of a building overlooking the land gate so that if a pilgrim, after spending some six months traveling on foot, intended to enter the city they could somehow prevent his entrance. This situation lasted for some time. After two years and a few months, Bahá’u’lláh was released from the prison. Some of the friends, including Salmání, decided to get rid of these enemies and during the night went to their place and killed Siyyid Muhammad, Áqá Ján and another person. [Sweet and Enchanting Stories, Aziz Rohani, P 31]
- Bahá'u'lláh is taken to the Governorate where He is interrogated and imprisoned for 70 hours. [BKG327; GBP190; RB3:237]
- `Abdu'l-Bahá is thrown into prison and kept in chains the first night. Twenty–five of the companions were also imprisoned and shackled. [BKG328; GBP190; RB3:237]
- See BKG331, GPB191 and RB3:238 for the effect of the murders on the local population.
- Ilyás `Abbúd puts a barricade between his house and the house of `Údí Khammár, where Bahá'u'lláh lives. [BKG331; GPB191]
- See BKG330, DH44 and RB3:239 for the fate of the murderers, who are imprisoned for seven years.
||Siyyid Muhammad-i-Isfahani; Ilyas Abbud; House of Abbud; House of Udi Khammar; Bahaullah, Houses of; Antichrist; Murders; Opposition; Azali Babis
|1873 Late in the year
||Bahá'u'lláh acquires the house of `Abbúd. It is joined to the house of `Údí Khammár to make one residence and Bahá'u'lláh moves to the side of the house previously occupied by `Abbúd. [BBD106, 109; BKG319; DH51]
- He lives here for four years. [BBD106, 109; BKG319; DH51]
- See BBD1 for information on Ilyás `Abbúd.
||Ilyas Abbud; House of Abbud; Bahaullah, Houses of
||An epidemic of plague breaks out in `Akká and environs. Among others who feel its effects are `Údí Khammár and his family who leave the mansion at Bahjí. [BBD42, 128; BKG362; DH91, 203; GPB194]
||Udi Khammar; Bahaullah, Houses of; Bahji, Mansion
|1928 11 Sep
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Iraq submits a petition to the Permanent Mandates Commission of the League of Nations for the return of the House of Bahá’u’lláh in Baghdád. [BW3:198–206] See BA164-165 for letter from Shoghi Effendi.
||Petitions; League of Nations; Bahaullah, Houses of; House of Bahaullah (Baghdad)
||The mansion at Mazra‘ih is renovated. [MC219]
||Mazraih; Bahaullah, Houses of; Restoration
||The House of ‘Abbúd is renovated and restored. [MC219]
||House of Abbud; Bahaullah, Houses of; Restoration
||The House of Abdu'lláh Páshá is open for the Bahá'ís to visit for the first time on the occasion of the Sixth International Convention. [ARG61-62]
||House of Abdullah Pasha; Bahaullah, Houses of
from the main catalogue
- Indexes to Bahá'í World volumes: Obituaries, chronologies, contents, illustrations, in Bahá'í World (2013). Seven separate indexes for Bahá'í World, in PDF, Word, and Excel versions. [about]
- Tablet of Pilgrimage to the House of Bahá'u'lláh: Baghdad, by Bahá'u'lláh, in Rituals in Babism and Bahá'ísm, Pembroke Persian Series Vol. 2 (1994). A provisional English translation of instructions by Baha'u'llah for pilgrimage to the House of Baha'u'llah in Baghdad. [about]