Search for tag "Bill Hatcher"
||The publication of Minimalism: A Bridge between Classical Philosophy and the Bahá'í Revelation by Dr. William Hatcher. In it he offers a logical proof for the existence of God. He concludes that the application of the principles of relational logic to this question prove that there is a single, universal, and eternal First Cause — something that is very much like God the Creator as named in all of the world's major religions. [BWNS226]
||Philosophy; Dr. William Hatcher; Bill Hatcher
|2005 27 Nov
||The passing of prolific author and founding member of the Association for Bahá’í Studies of North America, Dr. William S. Hatcher, in Stratford, Ontario. (b 20 September, 1935 in Charlotte, NC).
- He served on the National Spiritual Assemblies of Switzerland (1962-65), Canada (1983-91) and the Russian Federation (1996).
- He was an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Toledo for three years before coming to Canada in 1968 with his wife Judith and served as professor of mathematics at the Université Laval until 1995.
- He was the author of vast number of articles and books including, Logic and Logos (1990), Love, Power and Justice (1998), and The Bahá'í Faith, The Emerging Global Religion (co-authored with Douglas Martin). [BWNS416, BW05-06p240-241]
- The Universal House of Justice wrote in tribute: ”The Bahá’í world has lost one of its brightest minds, one of its most prolific pens. He will long be remembered for his stalwart faith, forceful exposition, and penetrating insights.”
- The family of Dr. Hatcher is building an on-line repository of his collected works. Contributions are welcome.
||William S. Hatcher; Bill Hatcher, In Memoriam