Search for tag "Century of Light"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Apocalyptic Thinking and Process Thinking: A Bahá'í Contribution to Religious Thought, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). The process of change in religious thinking and how it manifests in expectations about the Lesser Peace, both from Baha'i texts and within the community. Includes discussions of "the calamity," and of non-Baha'i political evolution in the 20th century. [about]
- Century of Light, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Survey of the history and dramatic changes of the 20th Century and the Bahá'í Faith's emergence from obscurity, "demonstrating on a global scale the unifying power with which its Divine origin has endowed it." [about]
- Century of Light: Questions and References, by Sheila Banani (2001). [about]
- Century of Light: Outline, by Arjen Bolhuis (2002). [about]
- Century of Light, by the Universal House of Justice: Review, by John Taylor (2002). [about]
- Century of Light: New Trends in Understanding, by Earl Redman, in Solas, 3 (2003). "Century of Light" turns conventional wisdom on its head in expressing Baha'u'llah's statement about the world’s equilibrium being upset by his new World Order, examines the 20th century in a holistic sense, and gives a new perspective on history. [about]
- Enrollments and limited growth of the Bahá'í community, by Universal House of Justice (2002). The lack of significant numerical growth in certain Western Baha'i communities is related to the preceding decades of struggle, achievement and disappointment. [about]
- Falta de crecimiento y el cambio de cultura, La, by Universal House of Justice (2002). [about]
- Fifty Bahá'í Principles of Unity: A Paradigm of Social Salvation, by Christopher Buck, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 18 (2014). World religions are systems of salvation, liberation, or harmony, in direct response to the perceived human predicament. To Baha’is, this predicament is profound estrangement and the solution is world unity, from family to international relations. [about]
- Notes on the Twentieth Century, by Douglas Martin (2001). Multiple transcriptions of talks given in Atlanta, New York, and Massachusetts in September and October, 2001, largely based on the document Century of Light. [about]
- Permanence of Change, The: Contemporary Sociological and Bahá'í Perspectives, by Hoda Mahmoudi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 18 (2008). Sociohistorical changes of the Axial Age and the Renaissance, sociological views on modernity and its contemporary challenges, and key features of modernity as identified in the Bahá’í writings as "the universal awakening of historical consciousness." [about]
- Protecting the Human Family: Humanitarian Intervention, International Law, and Bahá'í Principles, by Brian D. Lepard, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 13:1-4 (2003). [about]
- Selected Passages from Century of Light (2002). Compilation of selected highlights that summarize the main themes of the book. This is a personal interpretation of Century of Light. Chapter headings have been added for ease of reference, and are not part of the authorized edition.
- Siglo de la Luz, by Universal House of Justice. Spanish translation of Century of Light. [about]