Search for tag "Cities"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounter with Modernity during His Western Travels, by Wendi Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Abdu'l-Baha's responses to the West's technology and innovations on the one hand, vs. its archaic racist and sexual philosophies on the other. [about]
- Ancient Poems as Means of Revelation, in an Early Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh, by Julio Savi and Faezeh Mardani, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). On the importance of poetry in the history of the Faith and in its Writings, and absolute detachment as a prerequisite for attainment unto the Divine Presence. Includes translation of "A Tablet by Bahá’u’lláh." [about]
- Los Angeles, Living in, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Baha'is have not been advised to avoid living in Los Angeles, but should still recall the importance of pioneering and not congregating in insular communities. [about]
- Missing Dimension in the Built Environment, The: A Challenge for the 21st Century, by Leo R. Zrudlo, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 3:1 (1990). [about]
- Seven Cities in the Spiritual Journey to God: Gems of Divine Mystersies (Javáhiru'l-Asrár) and Seven Valleys, by Fadl Mazandarani, in Star of the West, 13:11 (1923). Address given to an American audience in 1923, probably translated by Mirza Ahmad Sohrab, who accompanied Fadl's second tour of the USA and Canada. [about]
- Seven Cities of Bahá'u'lláh, The (2002). This is a compilation of only those passages from Bahá'u'lláh’s Gems of Divine Mysteries that relate to the journey through "Seven Cities," which has similarities to Bahá'u'lláh’s Seven Valleys.