Search for tag "Clara Dunn"
|1919 26 Apr-1 May
||The 14 Tablets of the Divine Plan are unveiled in a dramatic ceremony at the Hotel McAlpin in New York, during the `Convention of the Covenant'. [BBD219; PP437; SBBH1:134; SBBH2:135; SBR86; TDPXI]
- For details of the convention programme, Tablets and talks given see SW10, 4:54-72; SW10, 5:83-94; SW10, 6:99-103, 111-12 SW10, 7:122-7, 138; SW10, 10:197-203; and SW10, 12:2279.
- Mary Maxwell (Rúhíyyih Khánum) is among the young people who unveil the Tablets. [PP437]
- Agnes Parsons arrives from her pilgrimage just before the close of the convention and is able to convey the instructions from `Abdu'l-Bahá to arrange a Convention for `the unity of the coloured and white races'. [BW5:413; SBR87]
- Hyde and Clara Dunn and Martha Root respond immediately to the appeal, the Dunns going to Australia where they open 700 towns to the Faith, and Martha Root embarking on the first of her journeys which are to extend over 20 years. [GPB308; MR88]
- See also CT138-9.
||Tablets of the Divine Plan; Abdul-Baha, Writings and talks of; Charters; Conventions; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Agnes Parsons; Hyde Dunn; Clara Dunn; Martha Root
||Hyde and Clara Dunn arrive in Samoa enroute to Australia, the first Bahá'ís to visit the islands.
||Hyde Dunn; Clara Dunn; Islands; First Bahais by country or area
|1952 29 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi appoints the second contingent of Hands of the Cause of God. [BW12:375–6; CT202–3 MBW20–1; PP254; ZK47]
- They are Fred Schopflocher, Corinne True, Dhikru’lláh Khádem, Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Músá Banání and Clara Dunn. [BW12:375–6; MWB19–20]
- Shoghi Effendi describes their two-fold function: propagation of the Faith and preservation of its unity. [BW12:376; MBW21]
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Fred Schopflocher; Corinne True; Dhikrullah Khadem; Shuaullah Alai; Adelbert Muhlschlegel; Musa Banani; Clara Dunn
|1958 22 Mar
||The foundation stone of the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of the Antipodes is laid by Hands of the Cause Charles Mason Remey and Clara Dunn. [BW13:321]
||Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Charles Mason Remey; Clara Dunn; Foundation stones
|1960 18 Nov
||Clara Dunn, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Sydney. (b.12 May 1869) [BW13:859; MC245]
- For her obituary see BW13:859–62.
- For cable from the Hands see MC245.
- See also SBR153–75.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed her among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
||Clara Dunn; Hand of the Cause; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - Second Contingent