Search for tag "Collis Featherstone"
|1913 13 May
||Birth of H. Collis Featherstone, Hand of the Cause of God, at Quorn, South Australia.
||Quorn; South Australia
||Collis Featherstone; Births and deaths
||Hand of the Cause Collis Featherstone and his wife, Madge, are introduced to the Bahá’í Faith by Bertha and Joe Dobbins in Adelaide, Australia. They become Bahá’ís later in the year.
||Collis Featherstone; Madge Featherstone; Bertha Dobbins; Joe Dobbins
||The third contingent of Hands of the Cause of God is appointed: Enoch Olinga, William Sears, John Robarts, Hasan Balyuzi, John Ferraby, Collis Featherstone, Rahmatu’lláh Muhájir and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí. [GBF111; MBW127; PP254, 442; SS47]
- See TG160 for the story of how Enoch Olinga reacted to the news of being appointed a Hand of the Cause of God
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Hands of the Cause, Contingents; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent; Enoch Olinga; William Sears; John Robarts; Hasan Balyuzi; John Ferraby; Collis Featherstone; Rahmatullah Muhajir; Abul-Qasim Faizi
|1990 29 Sep
||The passing of Hand of the Cause of God H. Collis Featherstone in Katmandu, Nepal. He was born at Quorn, South Australia on May 5th, 1913. [BINS232:8, VV12, The Bahá'í Encyclopedia, Find a grave]
- For his obituary see BW20p809-818.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
- See Bahá'í Recollections for an article complete with pictures by Narenda Pande about Mr. Featherstone last days and funeral.
|Kathmandu; Nepal; Quorn; South Australia
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; Collis Featherstone; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent
from the main catalogue
- Hands of the Cause of God: Personal Recollections, by Bill Washington (2014). Recollections of A.Q. Faizi, A.A. Furútan, Clara Dunn, Rúhíyyih Khánum, Ugo Giachery, Leroy Ioas, Enoch Olinga, Rahmátu’lláh Muhajir, Bill Sears, Agnes Alexander, John Robarts, Collis Featherstone, and Jalal Khazeh. [about]