Search for tag "Corinne True"
||Corinne True travels to `Akká to present `Abdu'l-Bahá with a scroll with the signatures of 800 Bahá'ís calling for construction to start on the American House of Worship. [CT51–3]
- BW13:847 says the scroll contained over a thousand signatures.
||Corinne True; House of Worship; Mashriqu’l-Adhkar
|1909 21 Mar
||The first American Bahá'í Convention opens in Chicago. [BFA2:XVII, 309; BW13:849; MBW142–3; SBBH1:146]
- It is held in the home of Corinne True. [CT82–3]
- It is attended by 39 delegates from 36 cities. [GPB262; SBBH1:146]
- The Convention establishes the 'Bahá'í Temple Unity', which is incorporated to hold title to the Temple property and to provide for its construction. A constitution is framed and an Executive Board of the Bahá'í Temple Unity elected. [BBD39; BBRSM:106; BW10:179; GPB349; PP397; SBBH1:146]
|Chicago; United States
||Conventions; Corinne True; Bahai Temple Unity; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Chicago
|1912 12 Sep
||`Abdu'l-Bahá leaves Buffalo for Chicago, arriving the same day. [239D:142]
- He stays at the home of Corinne True. [239D:142; AB266]
||Corinne True; `Abdu'l-Baha's second Western tour
|1912 16 Sep
||Talk at Home of Mrs. Corinne True,
5338 Kenmore Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. [PUP320]
`Abdu'l-Bahá leaves Chicago for Minneapolis, arriving the same night. [239D:146; AB273]
||`Abdu'l-Baha's second Western tour; Corinne True
|1952 29 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi appoints the second contingent of Hands of the Cause of God. [BW12:375–6; CT202–3 MBW20–1; PP254; ZK47]
- They are Fred Schopflocher, Corinne True, Dhikru’lláh Khádem, Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Músá Banání and Clara Dunn. [BW12:375–6; MWB19–20]
- Shoghi Effendi describes their two-fold function: propagation of the Faith and preservation of its unity. [BW12:376; MBW21]
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Fred Schopflocher; Corinne True; Dhikrullah Khadem; Shuaullah Alai; Adelbert Muhlschlegel; Musa Banani; Clara Dunn
|1961 3 Apr
||Corinne True, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Chicago. [BW13:846]
- For her obituary see BW13:846–9.
- For cables from the Custodians see MC257.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed her among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
- See also Rutstein, Corinne True.
||Corinne True; Hand of the Cause; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - Second Contingent