Search for tag "Dance"
|1980. 26 Oct
||Publication by the Universal House of Justice of the compilation on Attendance at National Spiritual Assembly Meetings. [MUHJ63-86p404]
||Attendance at National Spiritual Assembly Meetings
|2007. 14 Nov
||In a letter to the Students, Staff, Parents and Supporters of Maxwell International School the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Canada announced that the school would close (at the end of the term). Financial considerations were cited as the reason. Maxwell had provided an accredited academic program for grades 7–12 leading to British Columbia high school graduation certification. The school had been established in 1989 as a non-profit educational institution with a strong emphasis on the performing arts. The Maxwell Dance Workshop used dance, music and drama to challenge young people to find new solutions for the issues facing their generation. The school also had an ESL (English as a Second Language) program to accommodate foreign students who came from diverse religious and cultural backgrounds.
[Maxwell International School on A-Channel News]
||Maxwell International School; Maxwell International Baha'i School; Maxwell Dance Workshop
from the main catalogue
- African Culture, Traditional, Aspects of, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Challenges and opportunities in the African continent; eliminating prejudices; dance and music; alcohol; hunting; initiation rites; the supernatural; tribal leadership; status of women. [about]
- Hidden Words, also known as Book of Fatimih (Kalimát-i-Maknúnih): Concordance (1998). [about]
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book): Questions and Concordances, by Habib Riazati (2000). Study questions, categorized cross-references to the Aqdas and its notes and "Questions and Answers," topical concordances, and other research materials. [about]
- Kitab-i-Aqdas questions and concordances, by Habib Riazati. The Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh and their relationship to selected passages in The Aqdas; New Laws That Abrogate the Laws of Former Dispensations; Correlation of Paragraphs, Notes, and Questions and Answers of the Aqdas; sample questions. [about]
- Wildfire: Reflections on Music, Drama, and Dance, by Istvan Dely (2006). [about]