Search for tag "Daniel"
|1913 14 Oct
||Daniel Jenkyn, from England, makes a two-week trip through the Netherlands, the first time a Bahá'í journeys to the country to teach the Faith. [SBR43–4]
||Daniel Jenkyn; travel teaching
|1939 28 Feb
||The passing of Louis Alphonse Daniel Nicolas, signing A.-L.-M. Nicolas, (b. March 27 , 1864 in Rasht, Iran) in Paris. He was an historian and French orientalist, official interpreter of the Legation French abroad, and France's consul general in Tabriz.
After reading Gobineau's Trois ans en Asie, 1855-1858 he checked all the information Gobineau had written in his book, corrected some of it, and then began to translate the writings of the Báb . Seduced by this young doctrine, he converted to Bábism and thus became the first Western Bábí. He wrote various works Seyyed Ali Mohamed dit le Báb (1905) and was the first to translate a work of the Báb into French: the Arabic Beyan and the Persian Beyan, an Essai sur le Chéikhisme (1911) and several articles in newspapers such that Review of the Muslim World. Nicolas became knight of the Legion of Honour in 1909.
- Moojan Momen says of him, "No European scholar has contributed so much to our kowledge of the life and teachings of the Báb as Nicholas. His study of the life of the Báb and his translations of several of the most important books of the Báb remain of unsurpassed value." [BBR36]
|Rasht; Iran; Paris; France
||Louis Alphonse Daniel Nicolas; A.-L.-M. Nicolas; In Memoriam
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í-Christian Dialogue: Some Key Issues Considered, by Francis Beckwith, in Christian Research Journal (1989). An antagonistic and polemical overview of the Baha'i Faith by a Christian. [about]
- Bahá'í-Christian Dialogue: Some Key Issues Considered, by Francis Beckwith: A Bahá'í Response, by David Friedman (1998). Lengthy theological apologia. [about]
- Bahá'u'lláh and the New Era Regarding the Explanation of Daniel 12:12: Beckwith's Allegations, by Universal House of Justice (1990). Responses to allegations Francis Beckwith makes in his booklet "Baha'i" about changes to this book. [about]
- Daniel's Prophecies, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 8 (2007). [about]
- Dates in Baha'u'llah and the New Era: A response to Francis Beckwith, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States (1992). Response to certain allegations Beckwith makes in his booklet Baha'i. [about]
- I Daniel: index, by Bruce Limber (1999). An index to the contents of Robert Riggs' book I, Daniel. [about]
- I, Daniel, by Robert Riggs (1998). [about]
- Passing of Abdu'l-Baha, The, by Shoghi Effendi and Lady Blomfield (1922). A compilation on the last days of 'Abdu'l-Baha, his funeral, and tributes on his behalf. Later published in abridged form in World Order. [about]
- Prophecy of Daniel; Modifications of Baha'u'llah and the New Era, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Two topics: the fulfilment of the Biblical prophecy of Daniel concerning 1,335 days, and modifications made to Baha'u'llah and the New Era. [about]
- Sabaeans and African-based Religions in the Americas, The, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Overview of the religion of the Sabaeans [aka Sabeans], and some indigenous practices in the southern Americas such as Yoruba, Santeria, and Brazilian Candomble. [about]
- Truth Triumphs: A Bahá'í Response to Misrepresentations of the Bahá'í Teachings and Bahá'í History, by Peter Terry (1999). Rebuttal of Francis Beckwith's thesis "Baha'i, A Christian response to Baha'ism, the religion which aims toward one world government and one common faith." [about]