Search for tag "David Hofman"
|1963 22 Apr
||The results of the election of the Universal House of Justice are announced at the close of the morning session of the International Convention: Charles Wolcott, ‘Alí Nakhjavání, H. Borrah Kavelin, Ian Semple, Lutfu’lláh Hakím, David Hofman, Hugh Chance, Amoz Gibson and Hushmand Fatheazam. [BBD231–3; BBRSM131; BW14:425 MC425; SS50; VVXI-XII]
- For a picture of the Hands of the Cause of God with the Universal House of Justice see ZK123.
||Charles Wolcott; Ali Nakhjavani; Borrah Kavelin; Ian Semple; Lutfullah Hakim; David Hofman; Hugh Chance; Amoz Gibson; Hushmand Fatheazam; Universal House of Justice, Election of; Universal House of Justice, Members of; Firsts, Other
|1963 30 Apr
||The members of the Universal House of Justice are presented to the World Congress and the first statement of the House of Justice is read by David Hofman. [BW14:68]
- For the text of the statement see BW14:431–2 and WG1–3.
||The Universal House of Justice is elected for the sixth time at the International Convention held in Haifa. Delegates from 148 National/Regional Assemblies participated. [BINS176; VV97]
- David Hofman and H. Borrah Kavelin announce their retirement. [VV97]
- A gift of a large bowl of 120 roses was received from the Bahá'í of Iran.
||International Conventions; David Hofman; Borrah Kavelin; Retirement
|2003 9 May
||The passing of David Hofman in England.
- He was one of the nine elected members of the Universal House of Justice when that institution came into being in 1963.
- He presented the first statement from the supreme Baha'i administrative body in April that year to the World Congress in London. Twenty-nine years later, in 1992, he delivered the opening address to the second Baha'i World Congress in New York, an event attended by some 30,000 people.
- He served as a member of the Universal House of Justice for 25 years, until he left in 1988 at the age of 80. [BWNS209, BW'03-‘04pg234, UK Bahá'í Journal]
||David Hofman; UHJ; World Congress; In Memoriam; UHJ