Search for tag "Dissimulation"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Babi and Baha'i Practices of 'Denial' (kitman) and 'Dissimulation' (taqiyyah), The, by Kamran Ekbal, in Iran Nameh, 28:3 (2013). [Article in Persian.] [about]
- Dissimulation by Iranian Emmigrants, by Universal House of Justice and National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States (1985). Letters from the House and the US NSA concerning Baha'is who were able to escape Iran in 1997 by denying their Faith. [about]
- Taqiya Among Bábís and Bahá'ís, by Kamran Ekbal, in Encyclopaedia Iranica (2012). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Taqiyyah (Dissimulation) in the Babi and Bahá'í Religions, by Sepehr Manuchehri, in Australian Bahá'í Studies, 2 (2000). The historical application of taqiyyah and instances where Bábís cooperated with the authorities in suppression of their peers, and the attitude of government officials towards these individuals. [about]
- Wisdom and Dissimulation: The Use and Meaning of Hikmat in the Bahá'í Writings and History, by Susan Maneck, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 6 (1996). Examination of hikmat within the Bahá'í community, especially as it refers to survival strategies in situations of danger or insecurity. [about]