Search for tag "Elijah"
|1868. c. Oct
||Nabíl is released from prison in Egypt and departs for `Akká. [BKG290–1; RB3:57]
- He visits Cyprus on the way. [BKG291]
|Cairo; `Akká; Cyprus
||Nabil; cave of Elijah
|1891. 27 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh visits Haifa for the fourth time. [BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He stays three months. [BBD94; BKG374; DH109; GPB194; RB4:351]
- He lives in the house of Ilyás Abyad near the Templar colony, His tent pitched nearby on the foot of Mount Carmel on HaGefen Street. [BKG374; DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh instructs to the Master to arrange the transportation of the remains of the Báb from Persia to the Holy Land and their interment in a mausoleum below the clump of cypress trees at a spot which He indicated with His hand. It is stated that there were 15 tiny cypress trees at that time, each one the size of a finger. See Rob4p363 for a photo of the site indicated. [AB45; BKG374; DH134–5; GPB194]
- For a story of the difficulties in obtaining land for access to the site of the Shrine of the Báb see SES79-80.
- One day He pitches His tent a few hundred yards east of the Carmelite monastery and visits the monastery. [DH186]
- Bahá'u'lláh visits the cave of Elijah. [BKG375; DH174; RB4:3512]
- He reveals the Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel), the `Charter of the World Spiritual and Administrative Centres of the Faith' near the site of the future Mashriqu'l-Adhkár. [BBD1 18–19; BKG375; DH109, 174; MBW63; RB4:352]
- For the text of this Tablet see BKG376–7, G14–17 and TB3–5.
- For an analysis of the text see RB4:353–67.
||Bab, Shrine of; Carmelite monastery; Cave of Elijah; Lawh-i-Karmil (Tablet of Carmel); Charters; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); House of Ilyas Abyad; Templars
||`Abdu'l-Bahá goes to Haifa and Mount Carmel and isolates Himself in a small apartment in the stone building west of the lower cave of Elijah. [DH59, 188]
Áqá Murtadá of Sarvistán, who has been in prison for five years, is executed in Shíráz. [BW18:384]
Anton Haddad arrives in the United States. [BFA1:26]
- He is probably the first Bahá'í to reach American soil. [BFA1:26]
|Mount Carmel; Shíráz; USA
||lower cave of Elijah; Áqá Murtadá of Sarvistán; Anton Haddad
from the main catalogue
- Prophets and Mountains, by Moshe Sharon, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 9 (2008). [about]