Search for tag "Enoch Olinga"
|1926 24 Jun
||Enoch Olinga, future Hand of the Cause of God, is born in Abaango, Uganda.
||Enoch Olinga; Hand of the Cause
||Enoch Olinga becomes a Bahá’í, the third Ugandan and the first of the Iteso tribe to accept the Faith.
- See TG160 for the story of how he became a Bahá'í.
||Enoch Olinga arrives in Victoria (Limbé) and is named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for the British Cameroons. [BW13:449]
- The first Cameroonian to become a Bahá’í in British Cameroon is a youth, Jacob Tabot Awo.
- The first Cameroonian adult to become a Bahá’í is Enoch Ngompek of the Bassa tribe.
- The first Cameroonian woman to become a Bahá’í is Esther Obeu, the wife of David Tanyi.
|Victoria (Limbé); British Cameroons; Cameroon; Nigeria
||Enoch Olinga; Knights of Bahaullah; First Bahais by country or area
||The arrival of Knight Mr. Enoch Olinga in British Cameroon [BWNS291]
||British Cameroon; Africa
||Knight; Enoch Olinga
|1957 3 Feb
||Enoch Olinga arrives in the Holy Land, the first black African Bahá’í to go on pilgrimage.
||The third contingent of Hands of the Cause of God is appointed: Enoch Olinga, William Sears, John Robarts, Hasan Balyuzi, John Ferraby, Collis Featherstone, Rahmatu’lláh Muhájir and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí. [GBF111; MBW127; PP254, 442; SS47]
- See TG160 for the story of how Enoch Olinga reacted to the news of being appointed a Hand of the Cause of God
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Enoch Olinga; William Sears; John Robarts; Hasan Balyuzi; John Ferraby; Collis Featherstone; Rahmatullah Muhajir; Abul-Qasim Faizi
|1979 16 Sep
||Enoch Olinga—Hand of the Cause of God and Knight of Bahá’u’lláh—his wife and three of his children are murdered in Kampala, Uganda. (b.24 June, 1926) [BBD 172; BW18:633]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
- For his obituary see BW18:618–35.
||Enoch Olinga; Hands of the Cause; Knights of Bahaullah; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - Third Contingent
from the main catalogue
- Hands of the Cause of God: Personal Recollections, by Bill Washington (2014). Recollections of A.Q. Faizi, A.A. Furútan, Clara Dunn, Rúhíyyih Khánum, Ugo Giachery, Leroy Ioas, Enoch Olinga, Rahmátu’lláh Muhajir, Bill Sears, Agnes Alexander, John Robarts, Collis Featherstone, and Jalal Khazeh. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]