Search for tag "Formative Age"
|1921 28 Nov
||Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bahá
`Abdu'l-Bahá passes away at about 1:00 a.m., in Haifa. [AB452; BBD4; BBR347; GPB311; UD170]
- For details of His passing see DOMH210-216, AB452, BW1:19-23; BW15:113-15 and GPB310-11.
- This marks the end of the Apostolic, Heroic or Primitive Age of the Bahá'í Faith and the beginning of the Transitional Formative or Iron Age. [BBD35-6]
- For a photograph of the cable sent announcing His passing see SW12, 15:245.
- See The Passing of 'Abdu'l-Bahá by Shoghi Effendi and Lady Blomfield.
- For a pen portrait of 'Abdu'l-Bahá see The Oriental Rose by Mary Hanford Ford pg 158-159
- Also see AB452-83; HLS93-100.
- See GPB309-320 for a summation of the events that took place in the lifetime of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, during the Heroic Age of the Faith.
||Abdul-Baha, Passing of; Ages and Epochs; Heroic Age; Formative Age; Abdul-Baha, Life of; - Basic timeline, Condensed; - Basic timeline, Expanded; Abdul-Baha, Basic timeline; Holy days
|1944 22 May
||Centenary of the Declaration of the Báb.
- For a survey of the growth and development of the Bahá’í Faith in the hundred years since its inception see BW10:142–9.
- Celebrations are held in many parts of the world:
- Britain [BW10:188–201]
Sir Ronald Storrs delivered an address at the opening of the Bahá'í Centenary Exhibition in
London. These are extracts from that speech: “My first glimpse of ‘Abbás Effendi was in the
summer of 1909, when I drove round the Bay of Acre in an Arab cab, visited him in the
barracks and marveled at his serenity and cheerfulness after 42 years of exile and
imprisonment. I kept touch with him through my confidential agent, Husayn Bey Ruhi, son of
a Tabriz martyr. [BW10p189-195]
- India [BW10:202–8]
- Egypt [BW10:208–17]
- Iraq [BW10:217–22]
- Australia [BW 10:222–8]
- Latin America [BW10:228–33]
- The end of the celebrations marking this occasion signal the end of the First Epoch of the Formative Age. [BBD79; CF5; PP390]
||Centenaries; Bab, Declaration of; Formative Age; Ages and Epochs
|1946 21 Apr
||The Second Seven Year Plan of the United States and Canada (1946-1953) is launched. [BBR180; BBRSM158, 185; MA87-89, MA89]
- This marks the beginning of the second epoch of the Formative Age. [CB316; CF5–6]
- For details of the plan see BW16:81–2.
|United States; Canada
||Seven Year Plan, US and CA (1946-1953); Teaching Plans; Teaching Plans, National; Formative Age; Ages and Epochs
||After the International Conference in London, those members of the newly elected Universal House of Justice who were not already resident in Haifa returned to their homes to make plans to relocate. This was finally completed by October.
- The Universal House of Justice announces the launching at Ridván 1964 of the Nine Year Plan. [WG14]
- As a preliminary step 19 new national spiritual assemblies are to be formed at Ridván 1964. [WG15–17]
- The next election of the Universal House of Justice will be in spring 1968. [WG17]
- The Faith has now entered the third epoch of the formative age. [WG17]
||Nine Year Plan (1964-1973); Formative age; Ages and Epochs; Universal House of Justice
||The Nine Year Plan (1964-1973) is launched. [BBRSM159; BW14:101; VV1; WG22–7]
- This marks the beginning of the second epoch of Abdu’l-Bahá’s Divine Plan. [AWH178]
- For letter of the Universal House of Justice announcing the Plan see BW14:102–4.
- For an analysis of the details of the national plans sent to 69 national spiritual assemblies see BW14:104–23.
||Nine Year Plan (1964-1973); Teaching Plans; Formative age; Ages and Epochs; Tablets of the Divine Plan
|1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice ends the Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre by announcing in a letter that the Bahá’í world has entered the fourth epoch in the Formative Age of the Cause. [AWH39–42; BBD79, 85; BW19:29; VV91]
- The seven major objectives of the Six Year Plan, to begin at Ridván 1986, are outlined. [AWH40]
- On the closing day of the Counsellors' Conference, the Universal House of Justice announced certain features of the Six Year Plan and the methods by which the national goals were to be worked out in consultation between the Counsellors and National Spiritual Assemblies. [Mess63-86p717]
- The year from Ridván 1992 is designated a Holy Year. [AWH40–1]
||Formative Age; Ages and Epochs; Holy Years; Six Year Plan (1986-1992); Counsellors conferences
|1986. 5 Feb
||The message from the Universal House of Justice addressed to all National Assemblies with the compilation entitled "The Epochs of the Formative Age" prepared by the Research Department. [Messages63-86p710-716]
||Ages and Epochs; Formative Age; Compilations
|2001 16 Jan
||The Faith of Bahá’u’lláh enters the fifth epoch of the Formative Age. [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 16 January, 2001]
||Formative Age; Ages and Epochs
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Formative Age of Our Faith, Significance of the, by Shoghi Effendi, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- Insights from the First Century of the Formative Age, Some, by Paul Lample, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 23:1-4 (2013). On the Covenant from a historical perspective; authority and powers of the UHJ; learning within an evolving framework for action; organic growth and development; relationships among individuals, communities, and institutions; and society-building power. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Quinta Epoca de la Edad Formativa de la Fe, Anuncio de la, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]
- Six-Year Plan, 1986, by Universal House of Justice (1986). Outline of Baha'i goals for 1986-1992, and collection of letters from the House. [about]