Search for tag "Gems of Divine Mysteries"
|2002 26 Jun
||The announcement by the Universal House of Justice of the publication of Gems of Divine Mysteries in English. Some 82-pages in English, the volume was originally titled Javahiru'l-Asrar, and was written in Arabic during Bahá'u'lláh 's banishment to Iraq, where He was exiled from 1853 until 1863. The book is a letter written in reply to a seeker who asked about the relationship of prophecy to the Babi Faith, and Bahá'u'lláh used that question as an opportunity to elaborate a number of related subjects. The book relates closely to two other major works of Bahá'u'lláh: The Seven Valleys (Haft-Vadi), an exposition on the progression of the soul, and The Book of Certitude (Kitab-i-Iqan). [BW'02-‘03pg37, BWNS174]
- The volume was originally titled Javahiru'l-Asrar, and was written in Arabic during Bahá'u'lláh's residence in Iraq. [One Country Vol.14 Issue 2]
||Javahirul-Asrar (Gems of Divine Mysteries); Bahaullah, Writings of; Translation; Publications; BWNS
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries, by Bahá'u'lláh (2002). A lengthy tablet in Arabic on how the Mahdi was Ali Muhammad, The Báb, the Primal Point. Written during the Baghdad period for Siyyid Yúsuf-i-Sihdihí Isfahání. His questions were brought from Karbila, and answered the same day. [about]
- Gems of Mysteries (Javáhiru'l-Asrár): Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Muin Afnani (1999). [about]
- List of Baha'i Studies and Translations, by Stephen Lambden. A list of content available at Lambden's personal website, Hurqalya Publications, with select links to manuscripts, texts, introductions. Includes Shaykhi and Babi studies, bibliographies, genealogies, provisional translations. [about]
- Seven Cities in the Spiritual Journey to God: Gems of Divine Mystersies (Javáhiru'l-Asrár) and Seven Valleys, by Fadl Mazandarani, in Star of the West, 13:11 (1923). Address given to an American audience in 1923, probably translated by Mirza Ahmad Sohrab, who accompanied Fadl's second tour of the USA and Canada. [about]
- Seven Cities of Bahá'u'lláh, The (2002). This is a compilation of only those passages from Bahá'u'lláh’s Gems of Divine Mysteries that relate to the journey through "Seven Cities," which has similarities to Bahá'u'lláh’s Seven Valleys.
- Symbolic Profile of the Bahá'í Faith, A, by Christopher Buck, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 8:4 (1998). [about]