Search for tag "God Passes By"
|1944 22 Jan
||Prior to mailing the manuscript to Horace Holley, Shoghi Effendi made the last corrections of the last installment of God Passes By. At that time the book had the working title of "Prospect and Retrospect". This marks the culmination of approximately two years of almost continuous work. [PP222]
||God Passes By; Prospect and Perspect
|1944 Nov (mid)
||The publication of God Passes By, a history of the first century of the Bábí and Bahá’í Faiths by Shoghi Effendi. BBRSM137; CB308–9; GPBXI]
- Shoghi Effendi intended the book to be a gift to the Bahá’ís of the West on the occasion of the hundredth anniversary of the Declaration of the Báb but conditions in the United States delayed its publication. [GT79–80; PP224]
- For information on how Shoghi Effendi wrote the book, "the only true book we have from his pen", see GBF95–6 and PP222–4.
||Shoghi Effendi; God Passes By
from the main catalogue
- Biblical discrepancies in God Passes By, by Universal House of Justice (1993). Citation errors for quotations from Ezekiel in God Passes By. [about]
- God Passes By, by Shoghi Effendi (1971). [about]
- God Passes By: Outline and cross-reference of chapters correlated with A Traveler's Narrative and The Dawn-Breakers (2002). A variety of indexes and tables correlating these three books. [about]
- Keys to the Proper Understanding of Islam in The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah, by Brian Wittman, in Lights of Irfan, 2 (2001). [about]
- Letters of the Quranic Dispensation and Letters of the Living (huruf), by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, 4 (2003). Some meanings of the term huruf ("letters") in Baha'i texts, including Letters of the Bayan, Letters of the Living, and Letters of the Quranic Dispensation. [about]
- Traveler's Narrative, A Study Outline and Cross-Reference (2001). Summary headings and correlation of passages with The Dawn-Breakers, God Passes By, the Lawh-i-Sultán, and other works. [about]