Search for tag "Great Jubilee"
|1951 30 Nov
||Shoghi Effendi announces plans for the Great Jubilee commemorating the centenary of the birth of the Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh in the Síyáh-Chál. [BW12:24–6, 115–16; MBW16–18]
||Great Jubilee; centenary of birth of Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh
|1958 21–28 Nov
||The Second Conclave of the Hands of the Cause convenes at Bahjí. [BW13:347–8; MC118]
- It is attended by 25 of the 27 Hands of the Cause. [BW13:347; MC118]
- The Hands of the Cause call for the election of the Universal House of Justice at the time of the Most Great Jubilee in 1963. BBRSM129; BW13:351; MC122]
||Bahá'í; Hand of the Cause; Most Great Jubilee
|1961 5 Nov
||The Hands of the Cause issue a message from their fifth Conclave. [MC313–23]
- They call for the election of the Universal House of Justice at a convention to be held in the Holy Land on the first, second and third days of Ridván 1963. [CB392; MC321]
- They ask the electors to leave the Hands free to ‘discharge their duties’. [MC321]
- The celebration of the Most Great Jubilee, the Centenary of the Declaration of Bahá’u’lláh, is to be held in London rather than Baghdád, owing to the situation in the Middle East. [MC322]
||Hand of the Cause; Bahjí; Most Great Jubilee; UHJ
|1963 28 Apr - 2 May
||The first Bahá’í World Congress, the ‘Most Great Jubilee’, is held in London to celebrate the centenary of the declaration of Bahá’u’lláh. [BW14:57]
- For a detailed account and many pictures see BW14:57–80.
- For the programme of speakers see BW14:60–1.
- Some 6,000 Bahá’ís attend.
||Most Great Jubilee