Search for tag "Haji Muhammad Sadiq"
|1896. 21 Jul
||Hájí Muhammad Sádiq is stabbed to death in Turbat-i-Haydarí. [BW18:384]
||Haji Muhammad Sadiq
|1896. 24 Jul
||Four Bahá'ís are executed in Turbat-i-Haydarí on the order of the mujtahid. [BW18:384; BBR405]
BBRXXIX says the four Bahá'ís were martyred in August.
- These four together with Hájí Muhammad Sádiq are known as the Shuhadáy-i-Khamsih (Five Martyrs). [GPB296]
- Their martyrdom is the result of the assassination of the Sháh, for which the Bahá'ís are erroneously blamed. [GPB296]
- For Western accounts of the episode see BBR405–6.
||Haji Muhammad Sadiq; Shuhaday-i-Khamsih; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Tablet to Hájí Muhammad Sádiq Khán: Excerpt, by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Eminent Bahá'ís in the Time of Bahá'u'lláh with some Historical Background (1985). Short one-paragraph tablet from H. M. Balyuzi's Eminent Bahá’ís. [about]
- Tablet to Hájí Muhammad Sádiq Khán: Excerpt, by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Eminent Bahá'ís in the Time of Bahá'u'lláh with some Historical Background (1985). [about]